• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Worm That Turned - The Two Ronnies

The Two Ronnies were absolutely brilliant

Comment

This is the only 'Ronnies' serial that I can remember, but I liked it. Always looked forward to their show.
      1976 Vintage

Comment

I remember the Phantom Rasberry Blower & Stop! You're Killing Me, with Piggy Malone & Charlie Farley.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by shilton dipper View Post
          The Two Ronnies were absolutely brilliant
          same here.
          love the 4 candles one.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Hi all, on Wednesday 25th September Ronnie Corbett will be appearing on The One Show. The One Show is looking for Two Ronnie fans who were afraid of the Phantom Raspberry Blowerv to appear on the show on Wednesday 25th September in London. I see that some of you on here were indeed afraid! Would be great to make contact. I'm Becky Whitefoot, researcher at The One Show and I'm on rebecca.whitefoot@bbc.co.uk or 02080085637.

Comment

The Two Ronnies was top drawer stuff. Ronnie (Gerald Wiley) Barker certainly had an amazing touch with the wordplay - who can forget the man at the bar (played by Ronnie B) at a party gradually getting drunker and mixing up the drinks order for his group of friends with more bizarre results each time he tried to get it right, or the payphone sketch with Ronnie C talking to his wife after doing the shopping, whilst Ronnie B was on the payhone next to him asking a friend about a date he'd had - "How did you get on last night?" "Not too bad, there were one or two things I couldn't get hold of!", etc.

I recently found the 'The Two Ninnies' parody by the 'Not The Nine O'Clock News' team. I understand that Ronnie Barker wasn't too happy about this -
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oVG4_k7Hbc

But let's face it, it didn't dent 'The Two Ronnies' appeal, and I don't doubt it was done with some respect to the show it was lampooning.
              Last edited by Austin Maxi; 19-09-2013, 21:51.
              "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

me too the phantom raspberry blowere was my favourite too ,i laughed so much i cried.i also liked the big black hairy spider and i be afraid of it...

he was... a rasberry represents a fart

Comment

i love the scene with 4 candles or is it 4 handles heh.
                  timeless classic it is.
                  FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

lol i remember it well, same with 'The Phantom Raspberry Blower' i watched The Two Ronnies with my mum, dad and sister frequently when we were kids.

Comment

Working...
                    X