Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help: eerie kids show late 80s/early 90s

Hey people,
    This ones been bugging me for a while now, hopefully someone can help me out.
    There was a show on afternoons after school back in the late 80s/early 90's. It was about a small group of kids who went to an antique store after school. There there was a small mysterious stone statue of a lion standing upright (maybe bout a foot tall), I think it may have had a crown on it's head. It had blue diamond stones for eyes. I remember the statue featured in the start/end credits. The kids started finding out more about the statue, unlocking secrets about it and the antique store. I think once they used it to unlock a secret room, which MAY have had another lion statue in it, possibly with different coloured eyes. I'm struggling to remember.

This show used to freak the hell out of me and I couldn't stop watching it. Target audience was probably older kids. It was on ABC in Australia. It was English, maybe from the BBC?

Any help appreciated
    -Joe

I think it's "C.A.B". I never really watched this much and only vaguely remember it, but I recognised it from your description. It was originally shown on ITV in Britain.

Comment

yeah? Any idea what C.A.B may of stood for?? Tried searching for it, didn't have any luck

cheer
      -joe

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C.A.B.

http://www.freewebs.com/cabtv/
        Last edited by M.I.K.; 06-04-2006, 21:13.

Comment

yeah i think that's it. thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by JoeT
            Hey people,
            This ones been bugging me for a while now, hopefully someone can help me out.
            There was a show on afternoons after school back in the late 80s/early 90's. It was about a small group of kids who went to an antique store after school. There there was a small mysterious stone statue of a lion standing upright (maybe bout a foot tall), I think it may have had a crown on it's head. It had blue diamond stones for eyes. I remember the statue featured in the start/end credits. The kids started finding out more about the statue, unlocking secrets about it and the antique store. I think once they used it to unlock a secret room, which MAY have had another lion statue in it, possibly with different coloured eyes. I'm struggling to remember.

This show used to freak the hell out of me and I couldn't stop watching it. Target audience was probably older kids. It was on ABC in Australia. It was English, maybe from the BBC?

Any help appreciated
            -Joe
            It is CAB yes. CAB stood for Citizens Advice Bureau and it was a wonderful series.

Comment

You've found my website dedicated to C.A.B.

The C.A.B. Website

Although the website is very 'basic' at the moment I'm hoping that I'll be able to do some more updates, but I'm having trouble remembering the programme myself. I'm sure I would have watched some episodes back in the late eighties as I watched a lot of Children's ITV programmes. If anyone has any ideas or contributions for the website let me know.

Anyway, there is now a petition to get the series released on DVD, please sign the petition and hopefully we'll get a DVD release so we can all remember the programme in style. You can find the petition here:

Bring C.A.B. Out On DVD Petition

Comment

Working...
              X