Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: keyboards (of the musical kind)

Originally posted by akb48fan View Post
    My parents bought a Casio keyboard for me. I wanted one after watching Adamski on some music programme or the other when the single Killer was released.
    You still got it and does it still work?
    WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vanhelsing View Post
      You still got it and does it still work?
      I'm sure it's somewhere up in my parent's attic. I haven't touched it for well over 15 years. I might go and look for it over the weekend and see if it still works.

Comment

I had a Bontempi organ, big thing covered in fake wood panelling with fans that could be heard the other side of the village. I learnt to play it a bit, but my skills were the most basic.

It did provide a platform to learn sheet music which helped me gain a considerable head start when I started with the guitar. I'm grade 5 with that now, so you could say it worked out quite well.

Speaking of an earlier post, in my school in music we had little keyboards that played Billy Joels Just The Way You Are. Possibly the same model?

Comment

Originally posted by Paulos View Post
          I remember kids at school bringing in their old mini casio keyboards was it the casiotone? I'm not sure but I think it was used by Kraftwerk on da da da for it's tinny little rock beat.

Edit: just found it it was the vl tone

My first synth as well... (First of many...). Still got it, still works.

The next one was the Yamaha MK100, which was amazing for the time... Still got that too... It sounds great sampled into Kontakt...

Comment

We had a Bontempi keyboard, it was air compressed and very loud when turned on.

Comment

Working...
            X