No announcement yet.

Were you a BBC house or an ITV house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Were you a BBC house or an ITV house?

Half and Half in the 60,s

Comment

Mostly ITV, especially Saturdays: Tiswas in the morning & World of Sport in the afternoon, with Big Daddy & Giant Haystack & co wrestling (in fact in 1978 I was resident at an adolescent unit in Gloucester & we had a trip to Cheltenham town hall to see Big Daddy & Giant Haystack )

Then there was Magpie instead of Blue Peter: I always fancied Susan Stranks & Jenny Handley (who had been in a Bond film) much more than staid old Valerie Singleton And what did Valerie do with those washing up liquid bottles??!!

Top of the Pops? For me it was Supersonic. Much better as I liked the bit where Mike Mansfield, in the control room, would introduce each band with:

"Cue the music"

The list is endless:

+The Golden Shot

+Blockbusters ("Give me a 'P' please Bob")

+Rainbow

+Pipkins (Was that raggedy old hare Hartley voiced by Kenneth Williams?)

To name a few of many
      sigpic
      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

I dont think our parents knew the BBC existed...the tele never seemed to get turned over from ITV.....had to go to mates to watch things like Dr Who and Top Of The Pops

Comment

We used to be mostly a BBC house. When dad wasn't around I used to turn it over for the more HIP stuff. By the time my sister came along in the early 80's we just seemed to watch whatever was the better program despite the channel it was on.

Comment

By all accounts big daddy was not a very nice person in realL life.

But yes world of sport with dickie davies.
            I also loved saint and greavsie.
            Id never miss blockbusters but soon as grange hill was over its over to itv for give me a p bob.

Originally posted by twocky61 View Post
            mostly itv, especially saturdays: Tiswas in the morning & world of sport in the afternoon, with big daddy & giant haystack & co wrestling (in fact in 1978 i was resident at an adolescent unit in gloucester & we had a trip to cheltenham town hall to see big daddy & giant haystack :d)

then there was magpie instead of blue peter: I always fancied susan stranks & jenny handley (who had been in a bond film) much more than staid old valerie singleton :d and what did valerie do with those washing up liquid bottles??!!

Top of the pops? For me it was supersonic. Much better as i liked the bit where mike mansfield, in the control room, would introduce each band with:

"cue the music"

the list is endless:

+the golden shot

+blockbusters ("give me a 'p' please bob")

+rainbow

+pipkins (was that raggedy old hare hartley voiced by kenneth williams?)

to name a few of many
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Yes I remember bbc1 for top of the pops,Blue Peter
              BBC2 for High Chaparal
              Itv for Coronation Street

Comment

Probably 75/25 BBC/iTV - ie mostly BBC but iTV for a few things, or as a last resort if nothing else good was on the "main" channels...

Comment

In terms of kids TV, it was up to my older brother in the 1980s.

He's mainly keep ITV on, but switch for progs like Grange Hill.

Used to like the serious stuff that'd be on near 5pm like Choccy

Comment

Welcome peterjim to the forum

Comment

I watched both but must admit if there was a good film on when recording on to vhs tapes itv did not get my view adverts spoil me fim
                      THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                        Welcome peterjim to the forum
                        Much appreciated amethyst - thanks.

Really enjoying the forum too - it's great.

Comment

Working...
                        X