Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pocketeers

Ah Rally.

I loved that game when I was a kid (I seem to recall being told off for playing with it when I was at the school chess club when I should have been playing chess). I do wish that they would make them again - the electronic games that followed miss a certain something (certainly a great majority do).

Mattel Masters of the Universe

Compare Rally (and another favourite, Bombard) to the above - the electronic game loses hugely to the likes of Pocketeers.

Comment

yeh I was never a fan of these early LCD games (though we have obv moved on what with the fab Xbox 360 now, which I'm addicted to!)

my missus has one of the 70's (Tomy?) Captain Caveman games...played it recently..dull: bop the dinosaur on the head, steal the egg, repeat repeat
      sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

These were brilliant! I had the fruit machine one and the angling one. Great memories.
        Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

omg did this have some sort of triangular push button thing at the side of the game that you pushed and the pictures spun round? Or am i confusing it with something else we had?

Originally posted by stevef View Post
          Was trying to remember a fruit machine game that I had, took a while to think what it was but this is definately it.

Comment

I had the rally,in fact I still think it's in my Mum and Dad's loft..I'll have to go and have a look

Comment

Originally posted by pantherpink View Post
              omg did this have some sort of triangular push button thing at the side of the game that you pushed and the pictures spun round? Or am i confusing it with something else we had?
              At the top left side there was a triangular-type button you pushed to stop it spinning and underneath there was this button thing you pushed back and then released to make it spin. I clearly remember that I used to push the button back at the bottom, and then while still holding it back I would press the button in on the side which would then give you more control over the wheel as the spin would then all be controlled by the side button.

If that makes sense, sorry if I didn't explain it very well. I played for hours with this thing, lol.

Comment

it must be the same game I am thinking of that we had. I think i did the same thing with controlling the spin. Were the pictures on overlapping flaps? (sorry I haven't explained that very well!)

Originally posted by Kiop View Post
                At the top left side there was a triangular-type button you pushed to stop it spinning and underneath there was this button thing you pushed back and then released to make it spin. I clearly remember that I used to push the button back at the bottom, and then while still holding it back I would press the button in on the side which would then give you more control over the wheel as the spin would then all be controlled by the side button.

If that makes sense, sorry if I didn't explain it very well. I played for hours with this thing, lol.

Comment

Yeah, they were on flaps that overlapped. You've got it there pantherpink!

Comment

I had totally forgotten about Pocketeers! I guess the great Grand-daddies of the Nintendo DS and PSP.

I had the Horse Derby one and the Fruit Machine one, they were great! There was nothing to beat them until Game and Watch came along - then it was Snoopy Tennis all the way!
                    Attached Files

Comment

I had a few of these, none of which I can remember, with the exception of the one that you drove a little car around some streets. There were two wheels that controlled a little magnetic car. That's it! It didn't do anything else! But damn it was fun!
                      "Me fail English? That's unpossible!"

Comment

ooh that was quick! thanks for letting me know about this site x

Comment

I've had the wheel Of Fortune, it's somewhere at my parents house if it's not been chucked away.
                          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Does anyone remember pocketeers

These were just brilliant plastic case toys.

Most of them had a wind up timer.

I think there was a maze game, a road race, a basketball game, but i cannot remember some of the others. Any ideas ??

Comment

Re: Does anyone remember pocketeers

Please use the search function. at least two dedicated threads for these, and several others relating to your posts

Comment

Re: Does anyone remember pocketeers

I've now merged all three pocketeer threads into one, Its worth reading through for your answers Kevin
                                Heather

Comment

Working...
                                X