Pocketeers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pocketeers

Anyone remeber these small pocket size (hence the name!!) games, giving you hours of fun (all without a microchip!!) idont recall any specific gmes but i do remember a football game and also a car racing one being particular favourites of mine.

I used to have a couple of these games. One of them was just had a small car that you drove around on a street layout and parked in a garage. Another one was a small pin ball machine. No batteries, simple and not particularly clever, but didn't know any better back then. Great !!

Comment

I loved the Footie game as me and my cousin when we were on our skool hols played that throughout the 82 World Cup and once we finished that we started up a Worldwide tourney with over 100 teams playing each other..........ahhh the memories of always hammering him

Comment

Pocketeers

Anyone remember these little gems from the 80's? I remember having these four - it took me ages to remember what they were called.

Here is a good link to view the other Pocketeers that were available back then.
        http://masters.me.uk/pocketeers/
        "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

Re: Pocketeers

We briefly mentioned Pocketers whilst talking about the quiz/horse game..I had the golf one. great fun

Comment

Quiz/Horse game?

Comment

The quiz that everyone was trying to complete has one in it, and someone had a memory of a horse racing game. I thought it might have been like the racing one shown above

Comment

Oh, you mean the toy quiz, sorry, couldn't access that for some reason.

Comment

I has the golf one and erm rally, erm two or three others I cant rememebr off hand.
                  Last edited by Stockcarfan; 30-05-2007, 23:14.
                  sigpic I WANT ONE NOW!!!!!

Comment

Just looked again,and my memory is wrong. I did not have Golf, as that was one that came out of the box. may have been angling

Comment

complete list :0)
                      http://masters.me.uk/pocketeers/comp...pocketeers.htm
                      Heather

Comment

Still got Golf unboxed & Grand Prix in the Rock & Roll box ( ) and Rally. Do you's realise you got me looking for them. I must still have the others I had if that's anything to go by as I chuck nothing away.

Now where's Rock & Roll, if I can find that & box it up again.
                        sigpic I WANT ONE NOW!!!!!

Comment

I had the fruit machine (still do) and the table football one - although that was stolen from me on the last day of school (you know - when everyone's allowed to bring a toy in). Happy days.
                          Their light of pocket torch, of signal flare,
                          Licks at the edge of unsuspected places,
                          While others scan, under an arc-lamp's glare,
                          Nursery, kitchen sink, or their own faces.
                          -Kingsley Amis

Comment

Was trying to remember a fruit machine game that I had, took a while to think what it was but this is definately it.

Comment

these were my two (only two I had? not sure, but these are still in my mum's loft somewhere)

Both oddly named..first wasn't a rally, more like a driving school
                              Second more of an obstacle course (oh and my little orange boat always seemed to get stuck as you tried to move it across the 'lake')

Rally, 1976

Steeplechase, 1978

sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Working...
                              X