Ch4/Phil Redman? What Now show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ch4/Phil Redman? What Now show?

Anyone remember this? I've asked in other places and am starting to think that I imagined it, but I am sure that when I was about twelve or so (so we're talking over twenty years ago) there was a mini-series (maybe ten parts?) set in (Liverpool?) that revolved around a group of school-leavers and their inability to get and hold down a job.

I remember a Billy Idol blonde lookalike crashed a stolen car and died at some stage.

Please tell me I'm not mad...even better, tell me where I can get a copy!

Bry.

Not too sure about this,but the only thing that i can think of that fits your description would be "Tuckers Luck" a spin off from Grange Hill.Was this a day time programme or early evening? If it was day time,i have just remembered another possibility but the name escapes me,it involved a skinhead who stole a Vespa.I know this may not help but i dont think your mad!!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by swervey

Not too sure about this,but the only thing that i can think of that fits your description would be "Tuckers Luck" a spin off from Grange Hill.Was this a day time programme or early evening? If it was day time,i have just remembered another possibility but the name escapes me,it involved a skinhead who stole a Vespa.I know this may not help but i dont think your mad!!
      No - not Tuckers Luck. This was an evening show, but being young at the time, I thought it was late evening.....so that may have been as late as NINE or TEN! :-)

Having since realised that his name is "Redmond", I did some more Googling and came up with:

http://www.offthetelly.co.uk/features/c4/1986.htm

...so at least I know that it did exist!

Comment

Think the Phil Redmond show was called 'Going Out' ? kind of a young soap opera.

Comment

Working...
        X