Transylvanian Tower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transylvanian Tower

This one is permanently embedded in my brain....

It was on the Commodore 64. It was a 3D game where you had to make your way to the top of the castle and fight Dracula to win. At many points along the way u used to have bats and things to fight. Me and a friend played this one night when he stayed over....he used to call the directions from the map as you only got a brief look at the directions to go and I used to move as quickly through the rooms as possible without getting killed. "Ready, GO!!!! Forward, right, right, forward, left, forward" etc....until 5am in the morning when we reached the top of the castle!!! YES, we just had to kill dracula now!! He appeared and killed us immediately....back to the basement!!! Nearly 10 hours of play and no sleep for THAT!!!

Did anyone else play it....i never did again after that!!!!!!!

I played that on the Spectrum!!!!!

The intro took about 4 minutes to load, played some beepy music, then showed you a picture of "Count Creepy" or someone with a similar name, then it carried onloading for another 5 minutes, before you could start.

Despite using probably no more than 4 colours, it was possibly the scariest game EVER.

Comment

One of those games where you would dread the infamous "R Tape Loading Error"...
      Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
      http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Comment

One of the young tech lads at work got their laptop out during dinner yesterday. I made a joke about it having an "R Tape Loading Error" and he asked, "whats that?"

So I ejected his CD at the side, whizzed it across the room and said "Kind of like that."

Cheeky lump, how DARE he not know.

Comment

Re: Transylvanian Tower

Originally posted by wilbur750 View Post
          This one is permanently embedded in my brain....

It was on the Commodore 64. It was a 3D game where you had to make your way to the top of the castle and fight Dracula to win. At many points along the way u used to have bats and things to fight. Me and a friend played this one night when he stayed over....he used to call the directions from the map as you only got a brief look at the directions to go and I used to move as quickly through the rooms as possible without getting killed. "Ready, GO!!!! Forward, right, right, forward, left, forward" etc....until 5am in the morning when we reached the top of the castle!!! YES, we just had to kill dracula now!! He appeared and killed us immediately....back to the basement!!! Nearly 10 hours of play and no sleep for THAT!!!

Did anyone else play it....i never did again after that!!!!!!!
          I used to have this game for my Dragon 32 (CAN ANYONE REMEMBER THESE), to be honest I had forgotten what the gameplay was until you had mentioned it. I have to admit it wasnt one of my favourite games, I think it was just a little bit too hard for me at the time, as I was only around 10-11. My favourite game for my Dragon 32 was a game called QUEST.
          Oh to be a kid again with a can of Top Deck on a hot summer day, now that would be good.

Comment

Working...
          X