WEREBEAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEREBEAR

My brother first bought Howler when he was 7 or 8yrs old. We soon had the entire collection of bears - including the "miniature" (unchanging) ones.

I still have them now, and have added to the collection anytime I see a bear in good condition and so have 2 or 3 full sets! The one thing I'm missing, though, is the Gums story tape.

I remember writing to Hornby in about 1990 to ask if they had a copy of the tape they could send us, but 15 years later still have had no reply

If ANYONE has a copy of the tape they could sell/lend me I would be eternally grateful! Please email eddy_bennet@hotmail.com if you can help! Also, any copies of the Werebear comic woudl be similarly rewarded with cash. Thank you!
    Last edited by eddybennet; 09-04-2005, 09:23.

WEREBEAR

I do remember them they were wicked and still are!!!

i was wondering weather or not they have any value these days i have two of them i dont know which ones lol! plz plz some one give me soem info on there value and just them in general!

thanks

R.lenny
    R.lenny

Comment

As an additional note, I managed to track down the original creator of the WereBears (George Nicholas) and spoke to him a few months ago.

He's a very friendly chap, and we spoke at length about the bears and how cool it would be to see them relaunched. I'm now trying to find someone who would put up the money to get some TV cartoons made of them...any contacts would be helpful! eddy_bennet@hotmail.com

Oh...and I'm still looking for a copy of the Gums story. Any leads, please email on eddy_bennet@hotmail.com

Comment

Just to let people know, I've built "The WereBear Directory" website at http://www.redhotscott.co.uk/werebear/ to fill the void of WereBear related things on the web. DoYouRemember is one of only 2 (now 3) websites that mention the little guys!

And I'm still searching for that Gums tape, by the way...!

Comment

does anyone know where i could buy grizzler from? i had one as a little girl and would love to own him again! thank you

Comment

Never heard of them, kinda like care bears but scarey, lol.

Comment

Re: WEREBEAR

The value of WereBears changes constantly. eBay is always worth a search. Boxed bears can go for up to £40 each, whereas unboxed start at around £3-5 for Howler and Grizzler. Gums is by far the rarest (and therefore most valuable), and if you have TerrorTeds they're worth even more.

If you want to work out which bears you have, check out the WereBear Directory at www.redhotscott.co.uk/werebear for in-depth detail, or sign up as a friend on the WereBear bit of MySpace at www.myspace.com/thewerebears

Comment

Hi, just thought it might be of interest to you - just seen a couple of were bears for sale on ebay, didn't copy the links - sorry but should be easy enuf to find.
                Happy bear hunting
                Claire

Comment

Have to have a browse, as I can't rcall them to be honest.

Comment

Scare Bear

Does anyone remember Scare Bears?!?! From what I think I remember they were like care bears but you could turn them inside out to look scary!!
                    All my friennds think I am making them up but I'm sure I can't have imagined them!!

Comment

Re: Scare Bear

Don't remember these but my kids had WereBears that were cute but their heads and paws used to turn inside out and they had claws and fangs.

Comment

Werebears are what I think the OP was after

http://www.lsaccounting.com/werebears/

Comment

Originally posted by kass View Post
                          Don't remember these but my kids had WereBears that were cute but their heads and paws used to turn inside out and they had claws and fangs.
                          Well found Kass !! Following Daz's link looks like that is exactly what Emma was looking for.

Nice one to you too Daz
                          Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
                          <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

YAY YAY YAY YAY Thank you knew I hadn't imagined them just the name!!! Thanks very much

Comment

A few good links can be found here, including a full Werebear directory.
                              https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/s...ighlight=bears
                              Attached Files
                              Heather

Comment

Working...
                              X