The best film of the 80s...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best film of the 80s...

Without a doubt the best film of the 1980s was Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Definitely. Without a shadow of a doubt. Or was it Ghostbusters? Actually, the Burbs was pretty good too...

So what WAS the best film of the 80s?

I was thinking Ghostbusters even before reading the main message. That was buy far my fave film of the 80s. I went to watch it for my birthday with 4 mates.

The Library Ghost REALLY scared my mate, so much so that he covered his face up and screamed like a small girl. At the time he was VERY traumatised, but apparently his rehabilitation went well, and he's returned to be a fully functioning member of the community.

So Ghostbusters gets my vote.

And Gremlins. [:I]

That which does not kill us, only makes us stranger.

Comment

I was a sucker for films like Ferris Beuler's Day Off, The Breakfast Club, St Elmo's Fire etc...

I was always thinking about running away to America just so that I could attend high school over there [:I]

I was also a fan of films like Brewsters Millions, The Tall Guy and War Games - always the ones with happy endings and no killing - owt for a happy life!

TURN THOSE FROWNS RIGHT SIDE ROUND!
      TURN THOSE FROWNS RIGHT SIDE ROUND!

Comment

My vote goes to the Empire Strikes Back. Absolutely fantastic !!

I also liked Mannequin and all those really naff horror films like American Werewolf, the Howling, Return of the Living Dead etc. etc. My friends and I would get an older brother to rent them for us on Beta video tapes (do you remember them?)

Comment

quote:Originally posted by brucef

Without a doubt the best film of the 1980s was Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Definitely. Without a shadow of a doubt. Or was it Ghostbusters? Actually, the Burbs was pretty good too...

So what WAS the best film of the 80s?

Comment

This is a hard one, the breakfast club is way up there, also ferris buller, st elmos fire, pretty in pink, class, that was a very funny one, also a bit saucy.
            I agree with tallulah, all the american high school ones, it made our dreary british schools look so bad!

xXx
            xXx

Comment

Breakfast Club is my hands down favorite movie of the 80's. It's still in my top 100 favorite movies of all time.

Comment

quote:
                Ferris Beuler's Day Off,
                quote:

My favorite, how about E.T.

http://sheunlimited.com/forums
                http://sheunlimited.com/forums

Comment

Wow this thread made me realize how bad todays movies are!

www.shinraonline.com
                  www.shinraonline.com

Comment

Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller, Pretty In Pink all great movies. Nightmare in Elm Street I love, even though our teacher showed it to us on the last day of school (we were 16), and it scared the **** out of me

http://www.couchpotato.tv My new TV Forums.

Comment

Breakfast Club was a very good film. When I first sat down to watch it on TV I had the feeling it wouldn't live up to the hype, but it did. Pretty powerful stuff. Can't remember any of that happening in my class room days.

www.fansofbritishtv.com

Comment

I love st. elmos fire. It that film where i first fell in love with the gorgeous Andrew McCarthy!! Loved him in mannequin too. There were too many good, classic movies made in the 80's to choose a favourite though.

Comment

Nah, it has to be Rita Sue and Bob too,which perfectly sums up how depressing the eighties realy were.Though the film itself is highly amusing it is a very precise image of these sorry times.

Comment

I liked Star Wars. For all the techie reasons. And of course Sir Alex. I saw it in San Francisco when it opened and again in Lagos, Nigeria when it opened.

Some of my all time favorites are Its a mad mad mad mad world, A funny thing happened on the way to the forum, and The mouse that roared.

Good thread

Comment

Too many for me to pinpoint

Legend, LadyHawke, Breakfast Club, Dirty Dancing, for starters

[beta tapes? I have a box full]

Comment

Working...
                              X