Etch-a-phone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Etch-a-phone!

The mobile phone is perhaps the most futuristic thing about our lives, but more and more the most profitable things about them are nostalgia based tie-ins! Fact!

Over the last few years people like those at "Player X" have been busy making mobile versions of some the 1970's, 1980's and 1990's favourite TV shows! Shows like "Bullseye", "Sale of the Century" and "Strike It Lucky" have been huge hits!

Understandable really. I love the idea of my messages arriving with Bully saying "Aaaaaaannnnd One" if it's my first text, or "Aaaaaannnnd Two" for my second etc. Nice.

Recently these mobile-scheming people have even managed to make a mobile version of "Etch-a-Sketch"! The classic, and ubiquitous drawing game we surely all remember from our childhood.

It has a free-drawing mode which looks so much like the old toy, it's spooky. It really transforms your phone. You can even save your drawings and email them to friends. you can even use it to make any photo in your gallery look like an Etch-a-Sketch drawing!

Some new models even allow you shake your phone and clear the screen! Just like the real Etch-a-Sketch! Amazing! I would need that function, when I was young I spent more time shaking and clearing my screen than drawing. I would always be trying to make the perfect spiral and then would get nudged at the last second and it would be ruined! But I've never been much of an artist anyway.

It has a game as well, similar to Etch-a-Sketch but is more like that other 1980's staple computer game - Qix.

So if you suddenly get a hankering to play or see a game you haven't played for a generation, search for it. It will usually be out there and available for your phone! I think I'm going to look for "Asteroids" right now in fact....Subscribe in a reader

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk
Working...
X