Nicholas Courtney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicholas Courtney

For any child of the 70s, this is a sad day. Nicholas Courtney who played 'The Brigadier' in Doctor Who for many years, has just passed away. A smashing actor who also had the reputation of being a lovely guy.

Re: Nicholas Courtney

He played that part so well. I remember hiding behind the settee when the Yeti were the enemy of Doctor Who and U.N.I.T were called in. He turned up in the Sarah Jane Adventures only a few years ago.

R.I.P. Brigadier Sir Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart.
    "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

A sad loss indeed. I will always remember him from the John Pertwee days. His appearance in the episodes always seemed to lend an air of frightening reality to the stories; as though those things could actually happen here. I was with you behind that settee, Jacqueline. Well behind our own settee, of course but probably at the same time!

Comment

There seem to be tributes all over the net. I found this great picture. It's one of those, "Oh, what has the Doctor done now..." moments. Brilliant.

Comment

That is indeed a very typical Brigadier photo MB. Excellent.
          "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

Very sad news.

I was too young to remember the time the Brigadier was in Doctor Who, but have made up for that by buying a few videos / DVD's from that period as well as watching them on UK Gold.

I managed to see Nicholas Courtney at a convention 15 years ago.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

That is very sad.He played the part so well.

Comment

very sad indeed.
                he first played the role in 1965 and his last appearance was in 1989 alongsde sylvester mccoy.

he was second choice to play the role.
                the other chap pulled out.
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

He was in the very first 'Doctor Who' video I ever bought, "Terror of the Zygons".
                  "The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the universe and everything is .....42"

Comment

He was brilliant in The Daemons. Just loved the stiff upper lip way in which he issued the command "Chap with the horns; five rounds rapid"!

Comment

Working...
                    X