Mid-Late 90s monster/horror magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid-Late 90s monster/horror magazine

Hi, I'm a first time poster but I've been browsing this forum for about half an hour before I decided to register. I'm wondering if anyone could help me.

I remember a magazine from about either 1997/1998 about monsters. I only ever got the first issue (not sure how regularly new issues came out, therefore), and I remember it having a dark (black, possibly) cover, and it was inside a piece of card that acted as a holder for it. I believe it was aimed at kids/teenagers; I was only about 6 or 7 when I got it.

The only thing that I can distinctly remember were that it had these cards that could be stood up for display. The cards themselves were as I remember smaller than a standard playing card, and among them were the Loch Ness Monster and the Banshee. Dracula may have been there but I can't be sure.

The actual content of the magazine I can barely remember - I'd just like to know if anyone else can remember this, and possibly give me some information on it.

Thanks in advance. I would be absolutely delighted if someone could help me out with this, as it's been bugging me for years.

Re: Mid-Late 90s monster/horror magazine

hi.
    please introduce yourself to us all mate.

there horror mags such as fangoria and the darkside aroundin those times.
    fangoria i think is still going.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I'll introduce myself properly in the proper forum, but to keep it short and sweet my name's Peter and I'm 20, living in the North of England. Love 90s nostalgia of all types, as I was born in late 1990 and am fortunate enough to have a very good memory. It has two drawbacks however: for one, I usually only remember pointless things that will never help me in life. And two, when I remember something but but the details (like this, for example), it drives me mad.

And it wasn't Fangoria - that's been around a long time. The magazine I'm referring to was definitely from 97/98. And unfortunately, it wasn't The Darkside, either.
      Thanks for your response, though, and I'll go over to the proper board now and create an introduction thread, as a lot of people won't see this one.

Comment

Spinechiller??

* info from The Cobwebbed Room http://cobwebbedroom.blogspot.com/20...ollection.html
        Last edited by sixtyten; 01-03-2011, 17:53.

Comment

That very nearly chilled my spine, sixtyten. That's the very one. Spinechiller.

Thank you very much, but could I please ask how you came across this? Did you recognise it from my scant description, or are you just very good with search engines?
          Either way, I'm really happy and also relieved to finally be able to put my mind to rest. It's really bugged me for a long time. Thanks again. I owe you one.

Comment

Went straight to Cobwebbed Room and searched "magazine"

Comment

..as it's simply one of the best Horror Blogs out there

Comment

Welcom to the forum!
                WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

Welcome Coldheart. I used to buy these for my son. I enjoyed them too...great stories. I think I have the collection in the attic.

Comment

Working...
                  X