No one ever remembers this!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No one ever remembers this!!

A saturday evening programme called 'The Boy Who Won The Pools'....

It was basically a kids show about a lad who won the pools.

It was on in that time slot when programmes like Supergran and Worzel Gummage would be on.

Anyone remember it, no-one ever does.

i remember it

Wow i can't believe it someone actually remembers it,i thought i was totally mad because no one i knew can remember it.
    if im right then the boy bought a android type bloke that went around with him and he wore an orange boiler suit.

Comment

Re: No one ever remembers this!!

I certainly don't remember it if it was on at the same time as Super Gran!! That was one not to miss - especially the theme tune sung by Billy Connelly

Comment

I can remember it

Comment

Was this the series you meant

THE BOY WHO WON THE POOLS (1983)
          TVS
          ABOVE AVERAGE teencom that ended up buried in the Sunday afternoon "from the regions" slot as warmup to BULLSEYE. Titular hero 17-year-old Rodney Baverstock wins ?758,000.27 thanks to aunt's coupon cunning. Resultant riches lead to red Ferrari, a tiger, a giant mansion and bankrolling soul singer mate Sami Tate's recording career, plus crowd of hangers-on included Swedish chauffeur (and naturist) Claudia, Rastafarian gardner Leroy, long-suffering (aren't they always?) girlfriend Liz and best mate Thornton (who thought he was a robot). Nice one.
          TV CREAM immortality rating -
          ...THEME SONG WENT "THIS IS THE STORY OF THE BOY WHO WON THE POOLS" JUST TO CLEAR UP ANY AMBIGUITY LEFT BY THE TITLE

Lainey
          Leopopause
          The time in a lady's life when she is suddenly drawn to wearing leopard print. Pre-leopopausal women think leopard print tops are slightly tacky no matter what the fashion du jour, while the post-leopopausal believe they add a touch of African mystique to any outfit.

Comment

Working...
          X