Dolly Dolls story?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dolly Dolls story?

Does anyone else remember this comic strip story? I only had one comic or annual with one episode of it but I read and reread it. It was about 4 or 5 dolls who lived in this doll's house. I remember one was a ballerina - think she was 'Dancer Doll'.....another one had a cropped short 60's style haircut and wore a flared trouser suit. She was called Dolly Doll. I've a feeling I liked her best. Whatever comic or annual they were in I can't recall. I do remember there was a page where you cut out their pictures, there were two holes to cut out that you stuck your fingers through to make them walk or dance.

I've a good memory for which comics ran which stories but this one eludes me. It wasn't in a comic that I got regularly, I've a feeling it was in an annual I had at some stage that I only had one edition of (only odd ones I remember having were Schoolfriend, Diana and Pink). I know it wasn't in Mandy, Bunty, Jinty, Judy or Misty. There's a small chance it was in Twinkle but I doubt it. I'd love to know if anyone else remembers it.

Re: Dolly Dolls story?

I think they featured in Bonnie 74/75 and were called The Dolly Girls
    http://www.lookandlearn.com/characte...p?c=dollygirls
    Heather

Comment

Thanks so much Huggie that must be it. I came across that before and didn't think it was 'cos I was looking out for the one with the trousers and short hair...but now when I look at the picture, there's one missing. I'd say it's the one named Dolly that I have in my head.

Comment

does this help Ann?

Artwork taken from playhour
        Heather

Comment

How did you manage to find that Huggie?! That's it! It's exactly the way I remember... Dancer doll has the wee tutu style dress...and Dolly has the sixties hairdo and little trousers. Thanks a million for that.

Comment

After searching ebay for Bonnie comics that contain The Dolly Girls stories (there are some) but only pictures of the comic covers not the stories inside.
            I decided to try for Playhour and low and behold up came that art work for sale

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_t...All-Categories
            Heather

Comment

I never thought I'd see them again, especially when I couldn't even remember what comic or annual they were in. I just loved them. Thanks again Huggie.

Comment

Glad to have helped Anne. You'll have to buy a few copies of the Bonnie Comic from ebay and read a few more stories
                Heather

Comment

Working...
                X