Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of Term Shenanigans

'Shenanigans' ...there's an old word!

I remember on the last day of junior school, we divided into four teams and timed how long it took us to wrap our teachers in toilet roll! There was also a time one year where pop music was played in the hall (shock horror) and no one really knew how to react!

Does anyone recall the events of the last day of term at their school?

Re: End of Term Shenanigans

We just got to take a toy or game of our choice in.
    Heather

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
      We just got to take a toy or game of our choice in.
      Ar, I remember that too. I didn't have anything to take in though. (Heartbreaking strings play).

Comment

I remember choosing to take in Connect4 and Buckaroo. I also remember thinking my games and toys looked pretty lame compared to everyone else's
        Heather

Comment

Our Year 6s run around the school on the last day of the summer term, getting their shirts signed by all their friends. I don't recall anything similar in the 70s. I think it was much more low key then.

Comment

The shirt signing thing was normally done on final day of school after exams. I don't remember doing it, but then I don't remember a last day, must have stopped going in after exams finished.
            The end of term thing was always music & games. Everyone brought a game in to play or records.
            Our school had a "music club" which used to meet once a week in a common room. Probably happened in most schools, but I just cannot remember a single piece of music being played.
            Much the same with "Computer Club". We would stay behind on a Monday and attempt to learn BASIC, hindered by the fact we never once saw an actual PC!
            Rumour had it the school owned a BBC Micro, but I never saw it

Comment

Toys and games on last day at Primary. I can remember we spent most of the day setting up Mousetrap but didn't actually play the game.

Last day at Senior school (apart from exams) we tried to get to the bus without being egged and/or floured by the boys from the school next door and most of us failed.
              "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

Did I go to the only school where you left in May but went back to do the exam's in the June?
                Heather

Comment

Same here H.
                  "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

Did I go to the only school where you left in May but went back to do the exam's in the June?
                    I did this too.

In the seniors we usually had a class disco and everyone took in food, but I remember one year we were allowed to bring in a pet for the day.
                    Everyone else took hamsters, guinea pigs, rabbits and budgies, but I had to be different and take my cat! As I only lived up the road, I took him home at morning breaktime. He and the class loved it though
                    sigpic
                    'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

No we did that at the end of the 5th year and sixth form.

Last day of normal term was bring games in etc, last day of fifth year was bring talc, flour and stuf to throw around although mine got confiscated before I had the chance to throw anything! Last day of 6th form we went to the pub followed by leavers ball, happy days
                      The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

THE PUB? Crikey! I remember the bad ones brought eggs and flour, and I also remember mad shirt ripping as well as someone set fire to their school tie and held it up on a stick!

In junior school I recall we did bring toys in, and I too thought what fabulous toys the other kids had! Mousetrap, and someone had Flight Deck!

Comment

Yes toy day was a day of envy. Desperately wanted a pin ball machine and a particular cookery set thanks to toy day, but never got either.
                          1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
                            The shirt signing thing was normally done on final day of school after exams. I don't remember doing it, but then I don't remember a last day, must have stopped going in after exams finished.(

Yeah make the 1st Years jelous in the process by doing it where they could see the "Shirt Signing"!!

Comment

most in my class never showed up for the last week of term during my school life.
                              so any of us that did come in where just told to go home.
                              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
                              X