Showaddywaddy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Showaddywaddy

Showaddywaddy were my first favourite band! Apparently I have 'Under the moon of love' to thank for inducing my first ever boogie across the living room floor as a toddler . I loved their coloured teddy boy suits. Good old showaddywaddy, and I still like that song!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX6HxJ8h66E&feature=fvsr
    1976 Vintage

Re: Showaddywaddy

One of my faves as a kid too, some of the others they did was When, You Got What It Takes, I Wonder Why and Pretty Little Angel Eyes.

I have one 45 of theirs from 1981 Footsteps which i think I got from a bargain bin in Woolworths

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vumXOmyrJw
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

I saw Showaddywaddy live at Fort Regent on Jersey in the early eighties.
      "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

I saw a fishing boat years ago at Fleetwood called Romeo Challenger and this tickled away in back of my mind for months.Then I heard Showaddywaddy again on the radio and thought of the drummer with the same name!

I wonder now which came first cos the boat looked a good age ?

i.e. did someone think "look at that boat, cool name for my new child" or did someone else think "listen to that kids name, cool name for my new boat"

Comment

I loved these and had a bit of a crush on Dave Bartram, the lead singer.
          sigpic
          'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

The drummer from Showaddywaddy owns a place called MFN (miles from nowhere) It is near the old American Adventure theme park The band sometimes play there.Otherwise its a place bikers and street cruisers hang out.
            http://www.mfn-club.co.uk/

This was on their events list

Sat 30th April
            Former Members of Showaddywaddy 'The Teddy's'
            sigpic

Comment

I've still got my sister's 45 of under the moon of love in my singles case.
              sigpic

Comment

a crowd of us went up to pitlochry {scottish highlands} as showaddywaddy were playing on friday night 1/4/11 they still put on a great show but dave bartram and the bass player are all i really remembered from the 70,s/80,s

Comment

Oh man...
                  Under The Moon Of Love was the first single I ever bought with my own money. Something to do with the kettle-drums just got me. Plus, as has been said, they looked like nothing else in the 70s (which was really saying something!). It's one of the handful of songs that I regard as being definitive of my childhood. Y'know, that, Some Girls by Racey, The Wombling Song by the Wombles...

Ahem...I'm beginning to think my musical tastes as a child explain way too much about me...

Comment

Saw Showaddywaddy a couple of years ago, the only original members still there are Dave and the black drummer (who was exceptional live btw). It was a fun nostalgic night but unfortunately Dave's voice is pretty much shot these days.

Comment

I remember the drummer was called Romeo - thought it was a very strange name at the time ! Suppose there's a few lilttle Romeos running round now though thanks to the Beckhams !

Comment

Romeo, that's it I'm sure I read somewhere that he was once in a death metal band *splutter*

Comment

Working...
                        X