Pint & Castella Ad from the 80's - voice over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pint & Castella Ad from the 80's - voice over

This has been buggin' me for ages now... Just who's is the voice on this advert!? I know I should know it, it's so familiar, but I just can't place it! Time to ask the experts...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSZAtwD6evE

Cheers!

Re: Pint & Castella Ad from the 80's - voice over

Its Steven Moore. He played Adrian Moles Dad George Mole in the tv show, a Army Officer called Major Steele in A Bridge Too Far (the numpty that didn't have the balls to say the radio crystals weren't suitable for the mission), was in The Queens Nose kids tv show on BBC1 and did the voice of Marvyn the Paranoid Android in the BBC version on radio and tv of The HitchHikers Guide To The Galaxy....

I'm only 33, but recognised his voice moment I saw the ad. Speaking of which, its funny how A-LIST actors are doing voice work in ads now....Sir Derek Jacobi did the recent Michelin ads....they should allow unknowns to do that work, its not fair.

Comment

Gah! I could kick myself - you're spot on. I loved him in Adrian Mole, especially when he took the family away to Skegness for a fortnight, and he took that call from the hospital about Doreen Slater having the baby. What a situation to be in!

Cheers again...

Comment

He should have put the phone down, lol....

You can thank me with some Cadburys Old Jamaica chocolates....

Comment

Working...
        X