The 80s Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 80s Eagle

Having a real nostalgia-fest this week for the 80s Eagle, of which I was an avid reader from Issue 1 (metal stick-pin Eagle badge). Just trying to remember everything that was in the early issues. Obviously, Doomlord (ahh, the original photo-stories), Dan Dare (grandson of the original, I seem to remember), Manix, The Tower King, The Collector...Anybody remember anything else that was in it, or have scans?

Re: The 80s Eagle

Yes, I have scans may post a few in the next few weeks depending on the mods allowing it

Comment

Cant see why not kid
      Heather

Comment

the one strip i remember really well is computer warrior where the kid would wind up in different video games

Comment

I remember one front cover had the photostrip actor as Doomlord...looked dead cool. Would love to see a website full of all the scanned stories.

Wasn't Invasion 1984 a storyline? Aliens conquering the world etc...?

Comment

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
            I remember one front cover had the photostrip actor as Doomlord...looked dead cool. Would love to see a website full of all the scanned stories.

Wasn't Invasion 1984 a storyline? Aliens conquering the world etc...?
            Ooh, I dunno. Doesn't ring a bell, but then my brain's not as full of bells as it used to be. Would be fab to find out. And yeah - would love a "Complete Doomlord" book or somesuch - I know there's one available that shows the whole "Deathlords" strip - but by then they'd gone to drawings, when for me, the photostrip Doomlords were much more effective.

Magigreen - coool - don't remember that one either (except one Collector story where a kid who was a snotty gamer got pulled inside a game and basically blasted to bits by aliens! They were creepy, those Collector stories, you just KNEW something dreadful was going to happen ;o) )

Comment

re;The Computer Warrior. From what I remember the kid got sucked into real computer games that where around at the time. I remember him being sucked into a Top Gun video game and Another World. It was really one big advert for computer games but I loved that strip.

Comment

Originally posted by magigreen View Post
                the one strip i remember really well is computer warrior where the kid would wind up in different video games
                Eagle merged with Tiger in the mid-80s, which is when I started buying it. I drew a picture based on 'The Computer Warrior' where the hero - Bobby Patterson - was competing in 'The Great American Cross Country Road Race' game (apparently only available on the Commodore 64), and it was featured in the 'Luck Of The Draw' section of the comic.

Readers of 'Eagle & Tiger' at that time will also remember Dan Dare, Doomlord, The 13th Floor (with computer Max), Billy's Boots (a Tiger strip), and Dial A Dawn Destructor (or D.A.D.D.).
                "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

OK, Here we go (hope I'm not infringing IPC Copyright)

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment