Loneranger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loneranger

Ok trawling the net for hours, and found this site so thought i would give your memorys a test. I NEED to find details of a song. probabily 80's but not sure!.
    Basicaly it was a loneranger comedy song. Must have made it into the charts (English). Start of the song was somebody singing what i can only remember as gibberish, but very quick gibberish. had all the lone ranger lyrics eg. high ho silver away!, who was that masked man they say! ride into tomorrow today ! Maybe masked man he a ****** try it on with sturdy tonto. Well anyway this is gonna cause me a domestic if i dont find the details soon. The wife swears im making it up !. and no way can i let her win so help Please.

Tell your wife you had a tenner on it lostlegends - Lone Ranger was a hit for Quantum Jump summer '79, the lyrics ( Google it ) hinted that the LR and Tonto were friendly in a Brokeback Mountain way ! What you've quoted here are included.
    The intro was that New Zealand placename with a million letters, for some reason.
    Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

Lone Ranger

Was that the song that had a bit in it that kinda went - " Tarma wocky wocky kamma kamma gooey kamma kamma car key karki kamma woo woo"

Was it '79?? Definitely???

All kinda memories floodinh back

John
      Cult DVD movies, DVD TV programmes and T Shirts.

Comment

Its def the track your looking for, but the year was 1976 and not 1979 im sure (as stated on the Label).
        Released on The Electric Company Records, i have it on 7" single and also Blue Vinyl 12" single.

It was their one & only hit but a classic one at that

Great song and i love it.

Johnny

Comment

Didn't Kenny Everett have that bit at the beginning as the intro to his tv show?

Comment

Was it not "Supernature" by Cerrone that Kenny used at the start of his video Show?

Another imense tune. Still love it to this day

Comment

side issue - kenny everett

Hi guys and gals,
              just athought, there was a song on one of the kenny everett shows called hot child/girl in the city, i assumed it would be hot gossipbut there was no mention of it in the credits .Anyone know if thats actually what its called and who did it?

Comment

leethev - there was a song called Hot Child In The City by Nick Gilder from 1978 or 1979, is that the one you mean?

JBDJ - Yes, they used Supernature (going to have that tune in my head all day now!) but Lone Ranger was definitely used in another series. Wish they'd repeat a few!

Comment

Fifi, im with you all the way on that one.

might have a search to see if there are any DVD's of the great man. if not, lets petition No 10.... lol

Bring Back Capt Kremman!!!

God im gettin tons of great ides for the radio staion from this forum.

Comment

Working...
                  X