brotherhood of man.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brotherhood of man.

british pop group who won the eurovision song contest in 1976 with save your kisses for me. The group was created by songwriter and record producer tony hiller in 1969 and scored a worldwide hit with united we stand
    the following year. By 1974 the line up had changed to the quartet Brotherhood of Man would become best known for. The group became successful in Europe, before returning to do the same in the UK. After winning the Eurovision Song Contest in 1976, Brotherhood of Man enjoyed three years of hit singles and albums.
    Following a decline in sales, the group split, but reformed two years later and are still performing shows throughout Europe and have occasionally released independently-produced albums.

i was just listening to them last night for the first time.
    i had never heard of them.
    seen them on top of the pops from 1976.

some of their songs are very good.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Re: brotherhood of man.

Save Your Kisses For Me is one of my earliest song memories and always brings a smile to my face when I hear it. The Uk's version of Abba they were never quite as good though.
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

They are still on the go now, all four original members. We go to a 70's weekend at Butlins every march and they are usually on there. The whole place goes mad when they come on!! Mental! I think it's because they are still ALL the original members as opposed to a band only comprising 1 original member and 4 others . That's my take on it anyway. They are great live though
      ...chilli...

Comment

I#ve watched a fair bit of them on Youtube and they're better than I remembered but blatantly copy Abba at times e.g Angelo but it's good to see they're still going strong and putting on a good show.
        The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Can't believe you had never heared of them Darren! I thought Save your Kisses for me was about me,cos I was 3 when it came out lol

tulip

Comment

Originally posted by tulip View Post
            Can't believe you had never heared of them Darren! I thought Save your Kisses for me was about me,cos I was 3 when it came out lol

tulip
            I never got into music until i was 16.
            that is probably why i never heard of them T.

That song came out when i was just 1.

But ill say its really catchy and an easy song to like.
            well i like soppy songs,love songs.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

They were a poor man's ABBA but were actually BEFORE ABBA.
              I like "Angelo","Where are you going to my love?","Boy,oh boy", and "My sweet Rosalie"

Comment

Working...
              X