Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Vectrex collection

Hi,

I just wanted to post a link to my Vectrex collection here. It’s pretty near complete and includes 3D Imager, light-pen and 31 games – everything boxed. I’d love to chase down some prototype stuff, so that’s my next aim with the collection.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qDVS...el_video_title

Thanks for looking!

Re: My Vectrex collection

Really nice mate.
    I myself am a collector of old computer consoles.

i have a snes,jap snes,nes,spectrum 16k,commodre 64 and commodre 64c.wii,n64.
    i have over i hundred games between them.

why not introduce yourself.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

That's a nice collection. The 'tate' style screen makes it hard to emulate, I've never seen it done right.

Comment

Originally posted by stoysville View Post
        Hi,

I just wanted to post a link to my Vectrex collection here. It’s pretty near complete and includes 3D Imager, light-pen and 31 games – everything boxed. I’d love to chase down some prototype stuff, so that’s my next aim with the collection.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qDVS...el_video_title

Thanks for looking!
        I haqve read somewhere that there's a sort of alluminati of people who collect ultra rare gaming stuff that had NEVER been released, such as prototypes and Dev kits and there's footage of you tube which is claimed to be the ending from the unfinished Speccy game Mire Mare which the Stamper Brothers have nevr confirmed is genuine so I reckon it's a hoax. Otherwise Retro gamer magazine would have said something about it.
        WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vanhelsing View Post
          I haqve read somewhere that there's a sort of alluminati of people who collect ultra rare gaming stuff that had NEVER been released, such as prototypes and Dev kits and there's footage of you tube which is claimed to be the ending from the unfinished Speccy game Mire Mare which the Stamper Brothers have nevr confirmed is genuine so I reckon it's a hoax. Otherwise Retro gamer magazine would have said something about it.
          I worked at Rare with Tim and Chris (Stamper) and it looks like the only thing for Mire Mare that ever actually got done was the box cover art and some initial ideas. It was never actually made because, by that time, they were starting to do the NES stuff. This was from Tim, himself.

And congrats on the Vectrex stuff It's one of my fav gaming systems. I've got a machine and a few games but far from your collection. You just can't emulate the real look of vectors.

Comment

Thanks for the comments, Vector graphics do look very cool!

Good point about the prototype stuff too, but there are a couple of limited edition games which definitely exist that I'm after...

Mr Boston (Clean Sweep)
            Minestorm II,

Both super rare, and only available in the US I think?

Comment

I don't know why games developers spend months/thousands on a game then decide to cancel them I was told that there was an Elder Scrolls game due out for the PSP, had a date but NOTHING else came out of it and it was the same with Samurai Shodown for the PSP, it was mentioned and reviewed in Retro Gamer magazine but NEVER appeared on the shelves anywhere. It also happened with the PS2 verion of Dark Corners of The Earth. I noticed a few release dates but found out it had been cancelled. You'd have thought that the developers'd announce the cancellation or just go ahead and finish it instead of just cancelling it without anywarning or word in the media.
              WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

Yeah, I can understand both sides to this. I work for a developer and we've just had our latest game released 'MotoGP 10/11' published by Capcom. I've worked in games development for over 20 years and things can change drastically throughout the development period. For consoles, gone are the days of small teams working to 3 month deadlines - but everyone knows that.

Trends change too, a game that takes 24/36 months to develop might sound great when announced, but who knows 3 years down the line? Publishers might decide to cut their losses if market forces dictate it? I can certainly understand PSP games being canned, as piracy is rife. Maybe it has less impact to the publisher by just keeping quiet, as apposed to officially announcing cancellation.

Having said that, I still love the industry, it's vibrant, exciting and constantly on the leading edge of technology...

Back to your last post though, it's a bit different with these 2 titles for the Vectrex. Mr Boston was created as a marketing drive (promotional) for the Mr Boston liquor company and produced a very small number of customized cartridges. Minestorm II was sent out to customers who complained that the original Minestorm game was flawed and couldn't be completed, very few people complained hence the small number of Minestorm II carts available.

Cheers!

Comment

I remember a few years ago there was one game that kept having it's release date pushed back, & also delayed for it to be rewritten for a new console as well, before being officially dropped.

It's a bit out of our timescale here, but it was a runninh joke on Channel 4's teletext gaming pages about waiting so long for it.
                  The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Daikatana? That got a release and was utterly awful. It might be Duke Nukem Forever. You might be in for a surprise over the next few months with that one though, A developer called Gearbox (responsible for Borderlands and Brothers in Arms) ended up in charge of it and it looks like it will be out very soon.

There's loads of vapourware that's worth a talk about. I didn't know we had so many game people here, this section of the forum always seems so dormant.

Comment

I'm surprised a verion of Battlezone wasn't made for the Vectrex.
                      WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

That's a really good point! It never occurred to me before for some reason...

Strange how a raster based side-scroller like scramble was converted, but not vector games like Battlezone, Tempest and Star Wars etc. It may have been down to licencing issues I guess, but things like Pole Position, Berzerk and Star Trek were available, which is strange.

Comment

I guess that Battlezone never got a Vectrex version because it was a proper 3D game unlike Pole Position (or Hyperchase on the Vectrex) which sort of faked it.

Comment

Comment

Ace post sixtyten, makes the Vectrex look great dunnit!

Comment

Working...
                              X