Mickey Mouse comic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mickey Mouse comic

I remember my last children's comic to be Mickey Mouse, or Mickey and Donald. Something along those lines. I must have been 7 or 8, but that's a guess.

First comic I received had a calendar so it must have been at the start of the year. Loved the colouring used in the stories, and the American feel the drawings had. Very colourful comic and so different from what I'd read previously. Scamp was one of my favourites story strips.

After that I became all grown up and started getting Bullet! Even the newsagent said at the time my mum changed our weekly order to Bullet, that it's a sign I was growing up

I wrote into the Mickey Mouse (or Mickey and Donald) comic at one time and my letter was published. They sent me a 45" disc which I still have.
    Does anybody know how I could go about finding the comic which had my letter printed? I did think about sending a mail to those sellers on eBay but thought better of it .. would love to get a copy of the comic just to see my letter.

Happy memories.

Cheers

Re: Mickey Mouse comic

I have a fairly sizeable chunk of the run of Bullet. Let me know what name I'm looking for and I'll see if I can track it down.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your kind offer. Unfortunately I meant my letter was published in the Mickey Mouse (or Mickey and Donald) comic. I'll need to amend my post now I've read it again

Thanks again.

Comment

Hi there,

I've been buying up copies of Mickey Mouse comic for a while now, in the hope of finding a copy from the late 70's which has a letter printed that I sent in. The prize at the time was a Pete's Dragon 45" record, which I still have. But I really like to see if it's possible to get a copy of the letter or, even better, the comic. I've even started emailing sellers on eBay and a few have replied but so far no luck. So I thought I'd try my luck here

I can't give much to go on apart from the fact that it was the UK comic published each week. Pete's Dragon was released in '77 so I presume that the comic must have been from around that time. There was, as I remember, a single page of readers' letters and mine was published.

If you have any Mickey Mouse comics and would be happy to flick through them, please let me know via DYR.

Many thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X