Yeoman's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeoman's

There used to be adverts for a brand of tinned food called Yeoman's. Later on this, changed to "Tyne Brand".

What I remember about the ads is how strangely grim and miserable and atmospheare they seemed to have! One featured a load of young people who's car had broken down on a rainy night, and so had knocked on some old lady's door for help. She lets them in and insists they have some Yeaoman's food or other.

Then there was the ad which had some old man at a table sombrely telling the viewers about the fact that they'd chagend their name to Tyne Brand. But he did it with this really serious tone - no smiles at all, from what I remember.

Anyone else remember any of this?

Re: Yeoman's

I remember that when it was Yeoman the advert said "No lumps of fat or gristle GUARANTEED"
    Then the had adverts that said they changed their name but their promise was the same
    I also know that if you buy a Tyne Brand product these days
    you can Guarantee you Will have plenty of Fat, Gristle and even the occasional piece of bone

Comment

Do they only sell Tyne products in certain supermarket?

I can't recall seeing them in Asda.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Is this the one
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hGSFprrI8s

Comment

My gran worked at the Tyne Brand factory in North Shields. She probably was on gristle-watch!
          1976 Vintage

Comment

Mum used to use Yeoman's for pie fillings. It's a long time ago but if I remember right it was a good product and very tasty. I can also remember her using Tyne Brand but I think she stopped using it because she felt the quality was just not the same as it used to be.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSE1sJ1bxLQ.For another Yeoman's advert.

Comment

Working...
            X