Sale Of The Century

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sale Of The Century

This quiz show, hosted by Nicholas Parson.

Perhaps it was just my perception of it as a kid, but it seemed to be the longest quiz-show on TV at the time. It seemed to go on for hours!

Was it really that long, or was it just my own boredom of it getting the better of me?

If you go to www.ukgameshows.com it has all the info you will need (including a lot you dont need)

Comment

Re: Sale Of The Century

In my memory this show was shown on friday evenings. It was preambled by "From Norwich, it's the quiz of the week!" I have to admit that I did like the programme. There were instant sales throughout the show when the contestants could use some of the money they had won to buy various items. Then the winner would be able to buy one or more of the big prizes that were displayed. I think the prizes got bigger over the years. The hostesses were also rather easy on the eye.

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
        The hostesses were also rather easy on the eye.
        That probably made the show for the Dad's lol
        sigpic
        Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Carole Ashby from Sale went on to a couple of Bond films.

Comment

Wasn't aware of that Catflap
            sigpic
            Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Working...
            X