Cassette 50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cassette 50

Does anyone else remember the mail order ads that you used to find in computer magazines advertising 'Cassette 50' with a free calculator watch!!!

I always desperatly wanted this as i thought 50 games plus a cool watch was great value.

A friend of mine brought his Spectrum version of the game to mine but at least 47 of the games were absolute trash and this soon put me off the idea. Thinking back i never did manage to get hold of the game or watch and now i wish i did

Re: Cassette 50

The game was available on most formats, i had a C64 and Spectrum tape one. You werent missing much as most were weak games and loaded in like 10 seconds...things like noughts and crosses or a few adventure text games. They are still available...not sure about the watches though..my tape was with the spectrum and another 10 imagine games.

Comment

WOS has a detailed breakdown of Cassette 50 -and yes, there was some **** on that!

Cassette 50

Comment

I heard that they were a load od ****. Anyway, I was in GAME this morning and got talikng to one of the staff about the gaming scene (I work in retail and the customer is not always right). Turned out she was more of an fan of the old games like myself.
        WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by goldenone View Post
          Does anyone else remember the mail order ads that you used to find in computer magazines advertising 'Cassette 50' with a free calculator watch!!!

I always desperatly wanted this as i thought 50 games plus a cool watch was great value.

A friend of mine brought his Spectrum version of the game to mine but at least 47 of the games were absolute trash and this soon put me off the idea. Thinking back i never did manage to get hold of the game or watch and now i wish i did
          u sure do remember them mate.
          the game where not that good.
          but as it mail order with a free calculator id have expected the games to not be to good.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Yes, I got the 'Cassette 50' for the Spectrum. I think there was one good game amongst the whole lot.
            "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	cassette50.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	260089
              Attached Files
              Their light of pocket torch, of signal flare,
              Licks at the edge of unsuspected places,
              While others scan, under an arc-lamp's glare,
              Nursery, kitchen sink, or their own faces.
              -Kingsley Amis

Comment

I remember some computing mags used to have tapes of games as a free gift.

Normally the had "playable" demos & a budget game from a few years before, along with a semi decent non-game programme or two.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I used to get mags such as zapp 64 that came with commodore 64 games on tape as an extra to the magazine.I forget the other mags i collected for the c64.Some had a line of code removed so you could only play so far.
                  sigpic

Comment

My friend read Zzap 64 & would get the "Cool Spool" tape of demos, what we would now call apps, old cheap games that inspired my earlier post.

One of the Demos was of Buggy Boy, where only the first level was playable.
                    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I used to put the commodore games on to 5 1/4 inch floppy disks so they would load faster.I'm sure we all remember how long tapes took to load and the frustration when they would not.As basic as these early systems were they were a lot of fun.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X