Darts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darts

Does Darts count as a 'board' game? Does anyone remember those big brass 'bombers' of the 60s and 70s with the feather flights? I learnt to play back then but with the 'newer' darts, more slimline and with plastic flights. I can also recall people throwing with paper flights that they would lick and glue together.

Re: Darts

i remember those big, heavy as hell darts. my uncle give me a dart board and a set of those when i was a kid.

Comment

The first darts I had was the safe sticky ones but after a while the stick went and the darts wouldnt stick to the board

My proper dart board was hung behind the door how many missed and made small holes in the door and got told off about it

I remember one xmas santa brought me a colourful board with numbers and hooks and you had rubber rings to throw at the hooks.Havent got the foggiest what it was called maybe someone can enlighten me on the situation

Comment

Talking of darts who remembers the darts you threw at the fair? Those playing cards on the wall you threw the darts at & the darts rarely ever stuck? I reckon the cards were stuck on a metal plate so they never stuck
        sigpic
        Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Lol yes i remember them pulled ya arm out of socket chucking them that hard and then they still didnt stick in board lol

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
          Talking of darts who remembers the darts you threw at the fair? Those playing cards on the wall you threw the darts at & the darts rarely ever stuck? I reckon the cards were stuck on a metal plate so they never stuck
          THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

cant remember this but i remember the felt boards and when u threw the darts they stuck to the board.

the dart had a flat surface and it could not bounce out and put your eye out i remember one time it near happened.

Originally posted by Elbmek View Post
            Does Darts count as a 'board' game? Does anyone remember those big brass 'bombers' of the 60s and 70s with the feather flights? I learnt to play back then but with the 'newer' darts, more slimline and with plastic flights. I can also recall people throwing with paper flights that they would lick and glue together.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
              Yes we saw a programme about fairgrounds once and they did say it was a fix up to stop people winning prizes

Comment

Another thing about darts:

How can it be a sport? It is a pub game

Have you ever seen darts as a sport at the Olympic games?

No; cos it's not a sport; just a game to play with your mates getting rat arsed in a pub
                sigpic
                Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

How sad is that? no disrespect to your opinion but darts is a highly skilled game. Unlike fishing, which IS a pastime, not a sport. I have just retired after 25 years playing in a highly competitive league. And in the same pub for fun. I have an attic full of trophies and have been beaten on many an occasion by players who were far superior to me, my own standards were high. To show you how skilled it really is, I challenge you to a match best of 5 games for £25. Double start and finish 301.

Comment

I would say that darts is a sport rather than a "board game". However, when Challenge shows 1983 episodes of Bullseye, and when the punters go for the prize board round, they got the prizes as well as a board game version of the show as well - so I suppose that it is the closest that darts has been to being a board game in that respect!
                    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                    I'm having so much fun
                    My lucky number's one
                    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Surely you have to be fit to be a sportsperson ?

I watched some of he golf the other evening as Tiger Woods made his comeback .... and at least half of the guys had massive bellies ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

How sad is that? no disrespect to your opinion but darts is a highly skilled game. Unlike fishing, which IS a pastime, not a sport. I have just retired after 25 years playing in a highly competitive league. And in the same pub for fun. I have an attic full of trophies and have been beaten on many an occasion by players who were far superior to me, my own standards were high. To show you how skilled it really is, I challenge you to a match best of 5 games for £25. Double start and finish 301.
                        Good point Elbmek

That didn't occur to me
                        sigpic

Comment

OK Elbmek

Do you live SC UK?

Drinks are on me
                          sigpic

Comment

Yes mate, Sutton Coldfield, I played mainly for the Boot Inn, my local. I once played away to a player who was one of the top ones in the league and beat him 2-0; second game being a brush!! (he didn't get away). As I was becoming inconsistent (age) I decided to give it up.

Comment

I'm don't watch darts but Sky news reporting that there won't be any 'attractive' young women on show for future televised darts competitions ... that's progress I guess .. wonder what the women in question think about that decision ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X