Report user button?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report user button?

Would it be possible to have a report user button on a users profile? It would be miles easier than reporting each post than it would just to flag a user as a spammer. Plus those minute waits between reporting offending posts are quite hefty, is there any reason behind them being so long?

Thanks for taking time to read this.

Re: Report user button?

You just need to report one post by a spammer as we automatically delete all posts by that user when deleting the spam.

Thanks for the suggestion though.
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Who's been bad? This is surprising!

Comment

We get many spammers signing up sf, we catch most of them before they even post but some slip through our fingers. None of the members have been bad, you're a good lot

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Grunwald View Post
          We get many spammers signing up sf, we catch most of them before they even post but some slip through our fingers. None of the members have been bad, you're a good lot
          hey mate does someones username sometimes make you think well this person might be a spammer.
          or just let him her join and wait and see mate.

why would anyone spam on the site after all its a top notch site.
          i must say that or ill be banned.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

There are always spammers no matter where you go. I think they are a pain in the ****. I get sick of seeing them.

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Grunwald View Post
              Could there not be a 24 hour delay between signing up and being able to post? That might deter spammers.
              Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

That would probably deter real people more than anything. You cannot deter a robot, which is what most spammers are. The are just a bit of code which follow a routine to put some threads up flogging wares.

Another forum I post on put a trick question in the joining up process that asked them what their favourite biscuit was. It cut down spammers to nothing as they couldn't pass it. Maybe follow the same routine but put a few pictures up of old items such as videotapes etc and get people to name them, I'm sure a spambot would have trouble with something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                  hey mate does someones username sometimes make you think well this person might be a spammer.
                  or just let him her join and wait and see mate.

why would anyone spam on the site after all its a top notch site.
                  i must say that or ill be banned.
                  Usernames do give it away and we check certain details about all new members when they sign up which identifies a user is likely to be a spammer and they are banned before they can post.

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinthe80's View Post
                    Could there not be a 24 hour delay between signing up and being able to post? That might deter spammers.
                    Another forum I post on put a trick question in the joining up process that asked them what their favourite biscuit was. It cut down spammers to nothing as they couldn't pass it. Maybe follow the same routine but put a few pictures up of old items such as videotapes etc and get people to name them, I'm sure a spambot would have trouble with something like that. .
                    There are various ways of stopping/disrupting spammers, however the site owner is happy with the present arrangements and i think they work well most of the time, like I said earlier the majority of spammers don't even hit the board.

They are a pain in the bum I quite agree.

Comment

I haven't seen any spam at all so you do a good job.

Comment

Well its not as bad as on yahoo news or other sites like The Guardian when you scroll down to the comments section there are TONNES of spam msgs! Phew!

Comment

Working...
                        X