Amusement arcade machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amusement arcade machine

Help me identify a type of simple penny betting machine found in sea-side amusement arcades in the 70s. This was a machine that you could walk around and had different sides to it so that multiple players could play at the same time. I think each player had their own colour and I seem to remember coloured lights coming on at some point which may indicate which player won.

Sorry, but my memories of this are really vague.

Re: Amusement arcade machine

The two I remember were the Horse racing one, where you bey on the horse colour

Or this one... Used to love playing it with my family in the early 70's

(this might not be same one, but similar Idea)

Comment

Bang!
      Got it!
      THIS was the one I used to play back in the day

Streets Colorama

Comment

Happy days

Comment

Loved that game Spent many a happy hour on it, nearly always betted red as it won the most often, quite liked the horse race one too. "place your bets now please"
          Heather

Comment

Another Streets classic

Wheel 'em In

Comment

I could never win on that one, no matter how hard I tried, my coin always fell between the lines
              Heather

Comment

when the top one look very similar to the kind of betting game I'm thinking of but I dont recognize the machine at all.

Comment

that one looks like an american company especially with the spelling of colour. the ones I remember have more colour sections,same colours but more of them
                  Heather

Comment

The top one is American & modern. Was just showing you the idea. The one I remember is shown in the video

Comment

My favourite machine was and is the 2pences there is a top section and a bottom section,put your coin in the slot where it pushes the pile of coins onto the bottom section and then pushes the piles down the shoot for u to collect,they sometimes put in something to win.Last summer in Hastings I won 2 London double decker buses in boxes,I was chuffed like a big kid.

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                        My favourite machine was and is the 2pences there is a top section and a bottom section,put your coin in the slot where it pushes the pile of coins onto the bottom section and then pushes the piles down the shoot for u to collect,they sometimes put in something to win.Last summer in Hastings I won 2 London double decker buses in boxes,I was chuffed like a big kid.
                        As seen in the current tv show Tipping Point currently airing on ITV
                        sigpic
                        Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Working...
                        X