• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday Sculpher

Hope you have a great day from DYR
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Re: Happy Birthday Sculpher

yes sculpher have a really great bday mate.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Thanks guys. I've had a great one - with nostalgia TV, Movie and sweets! Yaaay!
      Their light of pocket torch, of signal flare,
      Licks at the edge of unsuspected places,
      While others scan, under an arc-lamp's glare,
      Nursery, kitchen sink, or their own faces.
      -Kingsley Amis

Comment

Originally posted by Sculpher View Post
        Thanks guys. I've had a great one - with nostalgia TV, Movie and sweets! Yaaay!
        can u give me an example of the nostalgia tv shows,films etc u saw.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
          can u give me an example of the nostalgia tv shows,films etc u saw.
          I started out early with Thunderbirds - 'Attack of the Alligators' (not the best episode by far - but definitely the most memorable for me). Then Disney's 'The Black Hole' followed by an hour of Commodore 64 gaming. My day was then finished up with the first 3 episodes of Star Trek (TOS) - none of which I had seen before. Then my wife went to bed and I watched an episode of the original Battlestar Galactica ('Fire in Space') - I started watching an episode of Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, by by then the day had caught up with me and it was time for bed.
          -Kingsley Amis

Comment

Great TV shows!!

Belated Happy Birthday!

Comment

I started out early with Thunderbirds - 'Attack of the Alligators' (not the best episode by far - but definitely the most memorable for me). Then Disney's 'The Black Hole' followed by an hour of Commodore 64 gaming. My day was then finished up with the first 3 episodes of Star Trek (TOS) - none of which I had seen before. Then my wife went to bed and I watched an episode of the original Battlestar Galactica ('Fire in Space') - I started watching an episode of Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, by by then the day had caught up with me and it was time for bed.
              Great viewing there mate.

You say u played the Commodre 64,so do u collect consoles then.

Ihave the commodre 64 bullnose original and the commodre 64c the upgraded original.

So have you had this C64 since it came out.

And are you going to watch these shows more often mate.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                Great viewing there mate.

You say u played the Commodre 64,so do u collect consoles then.

Ihave the commodre 64 bullnose original and the commodre 64c the upgraded original.

So have you had this C64 since it came out.

And are you going to watch these shows more often mate.
                I just saw this update. I have no physical consoles now (a move the USA made all my carefully preserved hardware obsolete). I had a 'Bullnose' - or 'Breadbox' from my birthday in 1982 (I remember that day clearly - hurrying down to Boots with my savings and the extra my parents threw in!!) and used that until I was able to buy a C64c at a massively discounted price (I was 18 by this point!). I use emulators now - but with a good C64-style PC keyboard and an old converted Atari VCS joystick - who knows the difference!

I have made it a weekly ritual to watch at least 2 classic TV shows (Thunderbirds, Classic Doctor Who, Battlestar, UFO etc) with my son (who's 2 next month!). He loves it!
                -Kingsley Amis

Comment

I just saw this update. I have no physical consoles now (a move the USA made all my carefully preserved hardware obsolete). I had a 'Bullnose' - or 'Breadbox' from my birthday in 1982 (I remember that day clearly - hurrying down to Boots with my savings and the extra my parents threw in!!) and used that until I was able to buy a C64c at a massively discounted price (I was 18 by this point!). I use emulators now - but with a good C64-style PC keyboard and an old converted Atari VCS joystick - who knows the difference!

I have made it a weekly ritual to watch at least 2 classic TV shows (Thunderbirds, Classic Doctor Who, Battlestar, UFO etc) with my son (who's 2 next month!). He loves it!

just shows the classics never die even you and your son who is near 2 loves them.

Comment

Working...
                  X