Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone remember 'Monsterbacks', a series of horror books?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone remember 'Monsterbacks', a series of horror books?

Published by Marshall Cavendish, 1980. Author Dorothy Darrell Ward, Illustrator was Bernard Brett. Four in the series, titles were 'Ghosts, Ghouls and Spirits, 'Monster Or Man',
    'Werewolves and Other Weird Creatures' and 'Vampire'. I recall I received them on my fifth birthday. Excellent books with games, puzzles, history of title and related films/books/art. Illustrations were great, photographs too. I lost them over the years but have replaced two thus far. Anyone recall?

Re: Does anyone remember 'Monsterbacks', a series of horror books?

Yes I certainly remember Monsterbacks, I still have mine which I bought in the early 1980's. These are still some of my favorite books, just love everything about them. Where did you buy yours from? I got mine from a shop called 'The Book Cellar' which is now 'The Works'. I have a spare copy of Werewolves and other weird creatures, which 2 do you still need?

Comment

I had four of them (I think that was the whole set) but like most of my childhood things they have gone

I used to have loads of stuff related to horror and the supernatural when I was a kid!
      sigpic

Comment

Grouse!! They are super books, aren't they? My copies came from the bookshop on high street Minster. I am missing Werewolves and Vampire. Real hard to come by. Thank you for your post, I reckon I've seen you on another forum, maybe horror genre. I'm a huge fan of horror, particularly the Hammer era and 20's/30's, amazing pictures they made almost romantic with a moral theme, not all cut 'em up blood and guts. Good to meet you!!

Comment

Yes they really are super books, wonderful Illustrations and a wonderful picture of fact, fiction, comic strips, etc. I think you may of come across me before, I have a blog that I write. I too love Hammer films and old horror films. Would you be Interested in the Werewolves book? PM me if you are and we'll sort something out. Good to meet you too.

Comment

Working...
          X