Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP George Baker (1931-2011)

'Inspector Wexford' star George Baker dies aged 80
    'Actor George Baker, who starred as Chief Inspector Wexford in TV's The Ruth Rendell Mysteries, has died.

The 80-year-old, from West Lavington, Wiltshire, died of pneumonia on Friday after a recent stroke.

Although Wexford was probably his most famous role, Baker's repertoire included comedy, drama, soap operas and science fiction over six decades.

He appeared in The Dam Busters and the TV series I, Claudius, and was once suggested for the role of James Bond.

Baker was married three times and leaves five daughters and a number of grandchildren.'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-15225021

Re: RIP George Baker (1931-2011)

really sad to hear this, he was a great actor but not only that he shared his name both George and Baker with my Dad who died in 2002
    Heather

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
      really sad to hear this, he was a great actor but not only that he shared his name both George and Baker with my Dad who died in 2002
      sorry to hear that H.

R I P george baker he was a very good actor.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Sorry H.

George Baker was a nice guy. I saw him in a 1958 film called The Moonraker. He was ever so slim back then and his voice had that received pronunciation elocution from drama schooling back then. He could have made a great James Bond in the 1960s and was even up for the part-or offered it I think...

He was brilliant in 'I Cladivs' as the weak and tractable son of Livia and then the utterly corrupt Emperor...

Comment

Oh,THAT George Baker!
          The George Baker I was thinking of was the SINGER George Baker from The George Baker Selection (Popular in the 70s)

Comment

Sad news, I recently bought I Claudius & though he was really good as Tiberius.

The nearest he managed to being James Bond was playing Sir Hilary Bray in OHMSS.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
            X