Fox or dog detective?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox or dog detective?

Sorting through my niece's old toybox earlier and came across a lot of her old colouring books and comics.
    It brought back memories of a childrens story colouring book which was set out like a comic.These storys were about a young fox or dog,and were detective-spy like storys as far as I can remember with the fox/dog solving them.They were widely sold as far as I remember in the early-mid 70's.I think they may of been part of a set of colouring books or comics.Can anyone else remember them?

Re: Fox or dog detective?

I remember having these bought for me usually when i was ill the detective was a dog not sure if i remember correctly but i think the dog was a sherlock style character with hat and spy glass.

Comment

Maybe part of Richard Scarry's books? Inspector Hound?

Comment

Richard Scarry done some really great childrens books.I cannot count him out from these comic style colouring books.The characters were certainly anthromorphic in nature.I have been doing a bit of head scratching and can remember one of the pictures in one of these colouring books,or at least a part of it.In this picture I can see our dog? hero looking or near a table with test tubes on it,and the vapours emerging from them had taken on the forms of little ghosts.A labratory or chemist type scene.There was quite a lot going on in these colouring type books.

Comment

Some of these animals are really smart.
          I remember a kangaroo that could rescue people by making strange clicking sounds. Then there was the dolphin that used to apprehend waterbound criminals. Oh, and the dog that didnt want to settle down, so he would travel from town to town rescueing people and solving crimes.
          I Love the

Comment

Working...
          X