The FA Cup ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The FA Cup ...

I still love watching the draws live on TV for every round, though my team is not always in it and I loved it yesterday, just like old times! Though I have 1 moan!!

I am not being "regionalist" but please FA let's have it back how it used to be with a North and South draw for the 1st 2 rounds That usaed to be great, yeah you still get some decent derby's like I think Brentford got Basingstoke, but you can never be certain about it now though - say having a Non Leauge Team - this is meant not disrespectfuly though but having them v their local Leauge Team used to be so amazing - even as late as the 90s as it was still regionalised. Though luckily Leyton Orient v Bromley was a great draw localy wise too that I can recall that's sprunng back to mind.

Re: The FA Cup ...

"COME ON CITY".........as i often said in the 70's, 80's and 90's Herr Grunwald.
    "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
      I still love watching the draws live on TV for every round, though my team is not always in it and I loved it yesterday, just like old times! Though I have 1 moan!!

I am not being "regionalist" but please FA let's have it back how it used to be with a North and South draw for the 1st 2 rounds That usaed to be great, yeah you still get some decent derby's like I think Brentford got Basingstoke, but you can never be certain about it now though - say having a Non Leauge Team - this is meant not disrespectfuly though but having them v their local Leauge Team used to be so amazing - even as late as the 90s as it was still regionalised. Though luckily Leyton Orient v Bromley was a great draw localy wise too that I can recall that's sprunng back to mind.

never new they did a north south draw for the first 2 rounds.

when did they last do this.

u gate how the big sides take it less serious than they used to.
      the fa cup is a fantastic competition.

cant stand the way semi finals are at wembley.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Got to agree with darren, the semi's should not be played at wembley it just adds to the FA Cup being trivialised even further, would love to see the BBC or ITV (whoever has the contract) do what they used to do years ago and make a full day of the final with quizzes, celebraty fans competitions, cameras on the tem coaches etc.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
          never new they did a north south draw for the first 2 rounds.

when did they last do this.

u gate how the big sides take it less serious than they used to.
          the fa cup is a fantastic competition.

cant stand the way semi finals are at wembley.

Yeah they did have North and south Draws Darren. I think it was about 1997/1998 ...... I don't know the year exavtly without checking (but it was around this time for sure I think) though sorry. When my Team dropped in to the 3rd Level I hoped we'd get a "tasty" draw v a Non-leauge team who were either Neighbours or close by (reasonably) but this never happend once, sadly. That'd of been great for both party's I think

Comment

Working...
          X