Brian Earnshaw's Dragonfall 5 series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Earnshaw's Dragonfall 5 series

Does anyone remember the Dragonfall 5 series of books?

They were written in the 1970's by Brian Earnshaw about a family traveling aroung space in Dragonfall 5 an aging space ship.

I can't find that much about them online, only a list of titles & a few plot summaries.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Re: Brian Earnshaw's Dragonfall 5 series

I certainly remember them, they were published by Puffin, though I never had or read any myself- one was called 'Dragonfall 5 and the Space Pirates'. A Dragonfall novel was also read on Jackanory- the parents were called something like Old Elias and Big Mother, and they had a son & daughter. Big Mother was always packing the kids off to bed early, which I thought rather unfair- the illustrations may have been done by the late Janet Ahlberg.
    The one that was read on Jackanory featured the children going to school on an Earth-like planet which was slightly more technically advanced than our own, and falling foul of the class sneak, who was up to no good. All the kids used to travel to school on air-hopper vehicles like flying fairground bumper cars.
    You could try surfing Amazon to see if you can find any old copies, or eBay.

Comment

Re: Brian Earnshaw's Dragonfall 5 series

I saw almost all the titles 2nd hand on Amazon, the one that sounds most like the one remember reading, Dragonfall 5 & The Haunted Planet, is a bit pricy.

I guess as it was the last in the series it had a shorted print run.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
      X