Bodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bodies

To all the girls out there, what a nightmare they were! Not a thing to be desperate for the toilet in having to undo the press studs then struggling to put the ensemble together again afterwards. I think I had a couple of these that I used to wear with jeans. They were very popular for a couple of years in the early 90's.
    1976 Vintage

Re: Bodies

I remember Victoria Wood making fun of them because the were hard to do up.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

where was i in the 90's cos i dont have the foggiest idea what you're talking about? RFLMAO

Comment

Even as a bloke I know what your on about. Definitely recall women wearing them with stone washed denim jeans that were high wasted and with a big thick belt at the waist...Bodies reminded me of leotards or swimsuits with sleeves....

Comment

Orrible things!!!!! You had to be stick thin to look any good in them.

I remember Joanna Lumley in "Absolutely Fabulous" staggering about in one, it was all undone at the back when they both fell out of a Taxi after drinking too much! (very funny!)

Comment

They were basically a leotard with press studs in the nether region to allow you toilet access. They were uncomfortable and unflattering on many, as the top bit of the skin tight 'body' was usually left on show with nothing else covering it. I think they were popular as they overcame the fashion faux pas of having any sort of 'ride up' crease or fold in your top at that time.
            1976 Vintage

Comment

Working...
            X