manic miner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• manic miner

Did anyone get addicted to Manic miner? I was totally hooked!!!!
    Without music, life is a journey through a desert.

Manic Miner......that sounds familar...
    Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

Comment

jet set willy was the follow up! And it looks as though manic miner is to be revamped and released........oh god no please........not more sleepless nights!

Comment

I confess I was a manic miner addict!!! Many an hour lost playing it....I am pleased to hear it may be making a come back!
        If eight out of ten cats prefer whiskas, do the other two shave or wax?

Comment

i think i read it somewhere. it will probably be part of a classic games package. I was totally addicted in fact i've only just got off the medication!

Comment

Re: manic miner

I never really got into Manic Miner - but I played JSW a lot. All I really remember now is a bedroom with a woman tapping her foot. I think.

Comment

To anyone interested in in this legendary game you should pick up the latest copy of Retro Gamer magazine at W H Smiths. It is a Manic Miner special with a rare interview with Matthew Smith who wrote the game when he was 17 and also the follow-up, Jet Set Willy.
              Reading the interview got me playing it again and it has lost none of it's charm over the last 25 years (yes, it's been that long!). It feels like playing a Nintendo game where imagination and playability shine through ahead of looks.

Here are a couple links.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manic_Miner

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FWmmMZlhcqU

Comment

Retro Gamer magazine truly is fantastic. I have a subscription which wasn't cheap considering it's a UK mag, but I got fed up of being 3 issues behind and my missus got fed up of me trawling the newsagents for the latest copies.

Comment

For me 'The Perils of Willy' on VIC20 was the best of the bunch - the in-game collision detection and fluidity were spot on. AND it played 'stairway to Heaven' as you played!
                  Their light of pocket torch, of signal flare,
                  Licks at the edge of unsuspected places,
                  While others scan, under an arc-lamp's glare,
                  Nursery, kitchen sink, or their own faces.
                  -Kingsley Amis

Comment

Forgot to mention- a member of the PS3 online community to which I belong (Old Age PlayStationers - Old Age Playstationers ) plays under the name manic miner (well a variation on the spelling) and has the Miner Willy walking animation tattooed on the inside of his forearm.

Comment

never played manic miner.
                      but i was so hooked on jet set willy.
                      played it for hrs every day.

music was so cool as well.
                      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Manic Miner was a great game, although it took me ages to get off the first level. THough I never finished it, I think I got to Eugenes lair.

Comment

Have a go of this then http://www.darnkitty.com/manic/
                          Last edited by Hooper68; 26-09-2010, 10:26.

Comment

Does anyone remember a game similar to manic miner called Frank N Stein on the Spectrum? Mint game. You can play them online:

Manic Miner

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infos....tap.zip&emu=3

Frank N Stein

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infos....tap.zip&emu=3
                            If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!

Comment

I played Jet Set Willy before Manic Miner (so I got them in the wrong order), but both were enjoyable enough games. I think I even completed MM. I know I never finished JSW though.
                              "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Working...
                              X