Saturday Jobs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Jobs.

What was your 1st Saturday Job? We had to start somewhere.
    At the age of 14 I got a job cleaning 8 milk floats, it took me about four hours and received £1.50 for the privelige. This was 1975 and good money at the time, and it didnt half boost my record collection.
    What did you do and what did you spend the money on ?

I grew up on a farm so I didn't have to look too far ! Me dad kept me in sweet/comic/disco/flagon of cider money 'til my first full-time job at the age of 18.
    Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

1st Saturday Job

I worked in a Fabric/Curtain shop when I was 16 (1996) I used to help make and fit curtains. I think I used to earn £17 for the entire day of work! Sounds rubbish now but I used to have the busiest weekends on that £17!!!! It was great!!

Wish I only had to work a Saturday now..... being a grown up with bills to pay SUCKS!

Comment

Re: Saturday Jobs.

cleaning out there pens giving them bedding delivering piglets.
        only saturday job i had was working on a local pig farm.

i tell you pigs are very vicious they would trample you to death.
        a few times i was charged at bu the sows when i was cleaning there pens out well they had there young beside them.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

From the age of 15-18 I worked on Saturdays and through the holidays in a Book/gift/card shop. I must have started in 1976 and I think my first Saturday my wages were £3.50. It seemed okay money at the time. I bought sweets for all the family with some of that money I remember.
          "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

My first Saturday job was when I was 10, but it wasn't a proper job. I just went to the wool shop down the road where my mam's friend worked and spent a couple of hours 'helping', which involved nothing more than tidying up the back cupboard and 'arranging the displays' for the price of a couple of mars bars lol.
            1976 Vintage

Comment

£1 per hour job + tips, in my final year at school, washing pots & making pizzas at a restaurant in Lincoln. It was a miracle I passed my O'Levels tbh!!!

I worked Tuesday & Thursday evenings as well as Saturday afternoons, and saved up enough to go on holiday with my mate to Magalluf, Majorca in the summer of 85' and plenty left over for nights out & clothes!

Comment

Working...
              X