Famous five club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Famous five club

HI anyone a big fan of enid blyton books? i love the famous five , secret 7 and the adventure stories and mystery books and her school stories---malory towers, st clares, and the naughtiest girl books. i was in the famouis five club ,still have my card and badge and go to the enid blyton day --next one is on may 12th 2012.the website is ace !.
    i also like anne digby`s books too.

any i-spyers about too . have a big collection pof i-spy books most in use and was in the i-spy tribe later i-spy club. michelin have new books and website is cool too .

Re: Famous five club

I was a massive fan of the Famous Five and less so the Secret Seven. I have the full collection of the Famous Five's with the 70's tv series covers and all the annuals from the late 70s/early 80s, I would love to have been in the FF club.

Are you a member of the forum on the Enid Blyton Society site? I've not been to the society day but have read the threads on them, they sound very good.
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Me!!! I was. I Collected all 21 of the FF, some new but most from carboot sales. I read them so much I wore out a few copies.
      Like you I also loved the Secret Seven, The Five find outers, the adventure series,Malory Towers, and St Claires.

My first Enid Blyton books were The Magic Faraway tree,The wishing chair and the fantastic Mr. Meddle
      Hours of fun especially in bed after lights out reading by torch light with plans of sneaking down for midnight feasts
      Heather

Comment

I do dimly remember the Famous Five Club, though never got round to joining it. The main draw for me re. the late '70s TV series was Jenny Thanisch, who played Anne- oh, I thought she was GORGEOUS! I just wanted as many pictures of her as I could possibly get hold of! At the time she was actually 13, but was meant to be 10 in the series, so she had to wear a chest-flattener like Jenny Agutter did in 'The Railway Children' to hide her developing bust.
        She now works as an RE teacher in her native Lewes, her parents used to keep a pub there. Tragically her co-star Michelle Gallagher, who played George, was killed in a motorbike crash in 2000 after a long battle against mental health and drug problems, though she has a son who survives her. Marcus Harris, who played Julian, has a chain of sports shops and is also Mayor of some small town in the South of England; Gary Russell, who was Dick, is a BBC screenwriter and has also done some of the 'Dr.Who' novels- I'm sorry to have to say that he's not a particularly nice fellow, very rude. I don't know what happened to Toddy, the dog who played Timmy- I assume he passed away some time in the '90s. His trainers were the Woodgates, who do a lot of animal actor-training for TV and film- they also trained the animals that were used in 'The Omen' series of films.

Re. 'I-Spy', my sister and I loved them too. We used to have a large collection of the older books from the late '60s and '70s, though I've not been able to find them for many years. Our favourites were 'The Night Sky' and any nature ones; the one about car number plates was a bit boring though. There was great sadness when 'Big Chief I-Spy' retired c.1980- can anyone remember who he was??

Comment

hi ,all nice to hear there are FF members around and , yes , i am inn the enid blyton society ---great website . my friend is enid blyton1s grandaughter--her mum is enid 1s youngest daughter . her eldest one died 2007.
          i was at the enid blyton members day in 2010 and met gary russell and marcus harris who played julian and dick in the films . and the actress who played jo . . i`m a big fan of dr who too. i-spy is great fun ----big chief retired in 1978---i gave him a present bought from the collectors corner train shop by euston station when i visited him at the wigwam .dont think collectors corner is there anymore. he died in 1993 and his name was Arnold Cawthrow.i met him several times and even been in the I-SPY car. the reg was SPY 999. I have some books autographed by him too . David Bellamy was the last chief and i`ve known him personally since 1985. he even sent flowers when i was in hospital in 2008. he`s great and i have all his books and several otherbooks too . he sent me an i-spy book couple of weeks ago and a book called the enduring game about the history of i-spy .. i have a good collection of i-spy orders of merit won over the years and 15 of the michelin certificates for reaching 1000 points in my michelin books .

Comment

I did love Five Go Off To Camp and Five On A Treasure Island.
            My favourite Enid Blyton books were The Wishing-Chair and The Magic Faraway Tree Series'.
            sigpic
            'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Don't laugh, but I know the guy who played Dick in the 70's TV adaptation of the Famous Five. He's a writer now.

Comment

I just loved (and still do lol) Jemima Rooper who played tomboy George

I was not a member of the Famous Five club but now wish I was

Jemima went on to star in a Schools drama for BBC2 Junk & also played Bobby in the Carlton re-make of the film The Railway Children, taking on Jenny Agguter's role where Jenny Agguter played the mother in place of Dinah Sheridan who played mother in the original film The Railway Children

Attached Files
                sigpic
                Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

just loved (and still do lol) Jemima Rooper who played tomboy George

I was not a member of the Famous Five club but now wish I was

Jemima went on to star in a Schools drama for BBC2 Junk & also played Bobby in the Carlton re-make of the film The Railway Children, taking on Jenny Agguter's role where Jenny Agguter played the mother in place of Dinah Sheridan who played mother in the original film The Railway Children

Attached Files
                  sigpic
                  Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Never knew there was actually a famous five club.

They must be worth a few pounds them annuals etc.

In fact ive never heard of the secret 7.

I only thought there where like 2 or 3 ff books.

I only thought they did softback books of the famous five.

Originally posted by hg View Post
                    i was a massive fan of the famous five and less so the secret seven. I have the full collection of the famous five's with the 70's tv series covers and all the annuals from the late 70s/early 80s, i would love to have been in the ff club.

Are you a member of the forum on the enid blyton society site? I've not been to the society day but have read the threads on them, they sound very good.
                    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
                    X