Super metroid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super metroid

Super metroid was released in japan on march 19th 1994, in north america on april 18th 1994,and in europe on july 28th 1994.
    The games was released for the Super Nintendo.

It is generally regarded as the best in the series.

Its a single player game following the adventures of Samaus Aran a female bounty hunter.
    This game continues on directly from Metroid 2 return of Samus where she wipes out all metroids except for a larva.
    This metroid plays a big role in super metroid hence the games name.

This game is in the top 5 of my all time games.
    and i still play it today.

check this link.the music is so haunting.
    http://youtu.be/uR7ZqCYNXYQ

The areas are.
    brinstar,norfair,maridia,crateria and tourian.
    Last edited by darren; 31-01-2012, 16:12.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Re: Super metroid

I love Metroid. Super Metroid is good, but I think Prime is better. It's a shame it as released in the early 00's, it's getting on in years for a game now and I think it deserves some love. I played all 3 of the Primes series back to back a few years ago and had a lot of fun. I did play Super a year or so back too. The miniboss you had to knock into the lava took me forever to beat as I only had about 10 missiles going into the fight...

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
      I love Metroid. Super Metroid is good, but I think Prime is better. It's a shame it as released in the early 00's, it's getting on in years for a game now and I think it deserves some love. I played all 3 of the Primes series back to back a few years ago and had a lot of fun. I did play Super a year or so back too. The miniboss you had to knock into the lava took me forever to beat as I only had about 10 missiles going into the fight...
      Yes that boss would be ridley sly.
      SM still gives me goosebumps the music is the game is just wonderful.
      the music to norfair is just out of this world.
      especially when you go down the final lift.

Comment

hi mate you say you had not many missiles going intio the ridley fight is that because you had not collected many expansions.
        S M was the biggest cart for the snes i think it was a 16 bit game.

originally samus was to be platyed by a man.

but i read that someone involved in rthe making of the game piped up and said why not make samus female so they all had as vote and they decided it should be a female.

For me S M has the bwest music of all metroid games.
        it continues to win awards as does samus herself in video game mags.

Comment

I love SM, infact its in my SNES right now as I haven't long played it again!

Comment

Originally posted by nuttytigger View Post
            I love SM, infact its in my SNES right now as I haven't long played it again!
            its a game i play regular on my snes,

the game is 18 yrs old but its lost none of its magic.
            it still oozes class.
            to many games are classed as legendary but this one is and deserves to be called so.
            Last edited by darren; 10-03-2012, 02:19.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
              its a game i play regular on my snes,

the game is 18 yrs old but its lost none of its magic.
              it still oozes class.
              to many games are classed as legendary but this one is and deserves to be called so.
              Oh definitely, I have tried to play other Metroid games, but I love SM too much hehe!

Comment

what i also love about it is that ut has a story..
                its a direct continuation from metroid 2.
                if u have played it samus destroyed all the metroids except a larva which the larva thinks samus is its mother.[

suer metroid is about finding that metroid after ridley steals it on ceres.

i think its class how a metroid is your friend in this one and thats a reason i think this game is so good.

and when the metroid sees u in tourian it attacks you but it realises just in time who u are .
                the metroid is just huge.
                sends shivers through me every time i see it.

QUOTE=nuttytigger;163747]Oh definitely, I have tried to play other Metroid games, but I love SM too much hehe![/QUOTE]

Comment

Yeah I knew it was a story. The original metroid is for sale on Nintendo shop for £4.50 just now.

Comment

Originally posted by nuttytigger View Post
                    Oh definitely, I have tried to play other Metroid games, but I love SM too much hehe!
                    i play other metroid games as well but this game SM always keeps me coming back.

one thing i do love about it is how the metroid larva you save from the previous game return of samus is acrtually the super mertroid hence the games name.
                    the larva now a huge metroid is what u are searching for and whwen u find it in tourian it almost kills you but at the last second it remembers you and makes very odd sounds.

it later saves you from death by the mother brain by draining its energy and giving it to you.
                    and even though mother brain regenerates and kills the metroid also known as the BABY to SAMUS as it dies it gives you the hyper beam which it took from morther brain while draining its energy.
                    as the metroid explodes over samus she starts to glow with the colours of the hyper beam.

its this reason the fact the metroid cares about you and saves you returning the favour from not killing it when you found it at the end of retyurn of samus or metroisd 2 that makes this game so special.
                    there are oither reasons.

Comment

There's no doubt this deserves to go in a gaming hall of fame if ever there was one. It's still playable even today, something which can't be said for many games of its age.

Comment

the cartridge i remember was 16 meg i think very big for a snes game.

some games are just timeless

even now it features high on top 10 lists etc.

its a game everyone should try u cant beat the feeling of being alone with no one to help u unlike some recent metroid games.

the norfair theme is fantastic in particular http://youtu.be/UgHkrY6v-Ko

hard to believe its just over 20 yrs old can still remember the day i got it.

There's no doubt this deserves to go in a gaming hall of fame if ever there was one. It's still playable even today, something which can't be said for many games of its age.
                        Last edited by darren; 04-03-2015, 00:23.

Comment

Working...
                        X