Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yoshis island

yoshis island

the main goal for each level of Yoshi's Island is to reach that levels end with Baby Mario safely on Yoshi's back.
    Baby Mario is then transferred to the back of a differently-colored Yoshi, who will carry him through the next level. Between levels, players are presented with the map screen, which allows them to select the next level, or replay previous ones for a better score. There are enemies and obstacles that endanger Yoshi and Baby Mario on each stage. If Yoshi is struck by an enemy, Baby Mario will be sprung from Yoshi's back and float around in a bubble crying while a timer counts down; if Yoshi does not reunite with Baby Mario before the timer reaches 0, Baby bowsers minions will fly on screen and kidnap him, ending the level and reducing the player's chances to retry by one.

the gameplay of Yoshi's Island bears some superficial similarities to other games in the Mario series, such as the ability to defeat (some) enemies by jumping on them, keys required to open doors in castle levels, and a generally linear level structure. However, aside from these and a few other minor similarities, its gameplay is considerably different. Yoshi's main mode of attack is using his tongue to pull his foes into his mouth, either to spit them out or swallow them to create eggs, which can be used as projectile weapons. The game also has more of a focus on puzzle solving; for example, one level might require a player to enter a cave from a different opening in order to find the right path. The game's levels do not have a countdown timer, as previous mario games had, allowing players to take as much time as is needed to solve a puzzle without penalty.

power ups are very scarce in Yoshi's Island, and are only occasionally found in specific places in certain levels. One power up, similar to the Sstarman from previous Mario games, turns Baby Mario into Super Baby Mario, making him invincible and fast enough on his own two feet to run directly up walls, all while protecting Yoshi inside of a large egg. Like the Starman power, the effects are temporary and wear off relatively quickly.
    Yoshi also has the ability at various points in the game to transform into different vehicles such as a car or helicopter. The vehicle transformations are temporary as well. At the end of each level, the player is scored on a scale of 1 to 100, with 100 being a perfect score.

what makes this game different from other games in the Mario series that allow a player to warp ahead to higher levels, Yoshi's Island is the first game in the series that requires the player to complete all 48 regular stages linearly to finish the game. In addition to these, there are six bonus levels one for each world, which are unlocked by achieving perfect scores on all eight of that world's levels.

Whats different about this mario game is that you control yoshi a dinosaur of which there are different colours and have different abilities.
    You defeat most ene,mies by jumpping on them but mostly by eating them.

There is also the addition of trying to win every stage with 100 per cent 20 red coins 30 stars and 5 flowers which are ten points each.
    The red coins are rarely visible.
    You can pound on things tofind them dlying thrugh the air you may stumble upon them even if you cant see them.
    Last edited by darren; 31-01-2012, 16:35.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Re: yoshis island

I got the original SNES version and the updated DS version. I recently played the GBA remake on my sister's 3DS.
    Yoshi's Story for the N64 was also good.

Comment

I don't like the n64 version but I do like my ds version much better.

Comment

it never came out for the n64.
        i only remember the snes version.[

have u played the snes version.
        QUOTE=nuttytigger;164205]I don't like the n64 version but I do like my ds version much better.[/QUOTE]

Comment

It might be the snes version then, it's on my virtual console on the wii.

Just checked, it's yoshis story on the n64.

But no never tried it, prefer the ds one.

Comment

yoshis Island it ten times better than Y.S
            I SUGGEST U PLAY Y.I. ITS ONE OF THE BEST GAMES YOU WILL EVER PLAY.

Originally posted by nuttytigger View Post
            It might be the snes version then, it's on my virtual console on the wii.

Just checked, it's yoshis story on the n64.

But no never tried it, prefer the ds one.

Comment

I might give it a go when my USB hard drive is plugged back in.

Comment

Working...
              X