Your favourite School Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favourite School Subjects

I think my ones would Art, Home Economics, PE and PSE. Strangley we had PSE in my first 2 Years at my 1st Secondary but not until Year 10 at my 2nd one which was a much better School indeed. How odd

Re: Your favourite School Subjects

My fav subject was History right up until we into the 4th year (now year 10) then we swapped teachers, we went from one who made it exciting and fun to a teacher who had us coping text from the board or books

Also liked Science, English and Maths.

Hated P.E
    Heather

Comment

my fave subject was by far p.e. and home economics.

i loved making things like apple tarts etc.

Also p.e i just loved it particularly the running events short and long as well as the long jump.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

What a great topic Chav!

In juniors it was science, though I lost the love in secondary,. Amazingly I loved RE for a time as our teacher was great.

Can't think I have a stand-out though....

Comment

I really liked art at school, but completely lost the passion for it once I left. I was pretty indifferent to the others really. Least favourite were Business Studies, Home Economics, CDT and Core Studies
          1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
            What a great topic Chav!

In juniors it was science, though I lost the love in secondary,. Amazingly I loved RE for a time as our teacher was great.

Can't think I have a stand-out though....
            I never like any science at all Trickyvee. I know this may sound strange but science is one thing I just don't believe in ... I guess it has to exist but I always hated it and could never follow any of the Science's. I think my point is that they have become too "popularised" for having say Sports Science, and every other kind of Science exploration known. It has just left me with a bad taste for it since School day's I think of as so/such.

Comment

Ah yes cdt we got it once a week i think 3 consecutive periods they wherethe last 3 peeriods of the particular day i remember.
              i made a table in woodwork which i still have to this day and i love it.

Metalwork also 3 consecutive periods.
              Always found metalwor tougher harder to make things from.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                Ah yes cdt we got it once a week i think 3 consecutive periods they wherethe last 3 peeriods of the particular day i remember.
                i made a table in woodwork which i still have to this day and i love it.

Metalwork also 3 consecutive periods.
                Always found metalwor tougher harder to make things from.
                Hmn CDT was one of the better (sort of Science related subjects) I think, I quite liked it but I choose Home Economics instead (well at least at my first Secondary we had that option until I think Year 9). This though was before the day's of Science being described as Art, CDT, Drama etc. Quite a good subject indeed - even though I was poor at it.

Comment

In infants Maths - PE - Breaktime
                  In juniors same as above
                  In High School Economics - PE - Physics (hated biology the teacher was a right git!!!)

Comment

My favorite subjects were English Lit and Electronics Shop -- our school was one of the few that offered that course. In English Lit we would take turns reading aloud from Shakespeare and when my turn came I would often ham it up with a Lawrence Olivier/ John Gielgud impression. The thing I hated about English Grammar was diagramming sentences, though strangely I have a copy of the textbook we used which I picked up at either a library sale or flea market years later as well as a copy of the original, published in 1966, Electronics Shop textbook -- I still enjoy doing projects from it! What I loved about Electronics Shop was making electric motors which were our class project. Sadly, many schools today no longer offer shop courses such as wood shop, metal shop or auto shop.

Comment

Easy one for me - Art, and Graphics. Both the Art & Graphics teachers were among the best teachers I had, and I've always enjoyed drawing. Maybe there wouldn't now be three books on the market with my artwork on the covers if I hadn't had such a great tutoring of it in those early days.
                      "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

For a while, in about 1975, our form teacher was the main Geography teacher. Now that I come to think about it, we had some great lessons and I got quite into it.

Comment

Fave subjects were always maths and Science,especially Astronomy and Chemistry.My friend and i would finish our experiments before everybody else and then we'd mix all the chemicals together and heat them.........................One time we blew up a test tube doing this but the teacher didn't make us pay for it- like most of the others had to- because we got high grades......................................Also,l iked PE especially in high school (Football ,or soccer as they call it here.Loved that cos very few aussies cold play it well,if at all.I could have beaten the entire class all on my own. ,running and golf were also good.

Comment

what was PSE mate.

i really liked history learning about so many different things be it wars etc.
                            history covered so many events.

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
                            I think my ones would Art, Home Economics, PE and PSE. Strangley we had PSE in my first 2 Years at my 1st Secondary but not until Year 10 at my 2nd one which was a much better School indeed. How odd

Comment

History, PE and English..............especially when miss pike was taking class!

Comment

Working...
                              X