Jon pertwee.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon pertwee.

Jon Pertwee is best known for his portrayal of the doctor, on the bbc science fiction television series Doctor Who.
    He portrayed the Doctor from 1970 to 1974. His 60-year entertainment career included work in radio, films, and cabaret. This was despite the inauspicious beginning of having been thrown out of drama school as a young man and told he had no future as an actor.

He also played the role of worzel gummidge down under from 1987 to 89.
    and worzel gummidge from
    1979 to 1981.
    he played the role of dr who from 1970 to 1974.
    his two companions were sarah jane smith and jo grant.
    Jo grant being before Sarah jane.

he was also the voice of spotty in superted

Here is the announcemnt of his death.
    http://youtu.be/EIEDYwcse94
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Re: Jon pertwee.

I have always been a huge admirer of Jon. I met him once. He is probably my favourite Doctor. Then I read in Elisabeth Sladen's Autobiography that he slapped her round the face! I couldn't believe it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
      I have always been a huge admirer of Jon. I met him once. He is probably my favourite Doctor. Then I read in Elisabeth Sladen's Autobiography that he slapped her round the face! I couldn't believe it!!
      who is to know why that was MB.
      Maybe he had to much to drink.

He died of a heart attack.

he was so good at fixing things in dr who.

he always dressed well in dr who.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
        who is to know why that was MB.
        Maybe he had to much to drink.

He died of a heart attack.

he was so good at fixing things in dr who.

he always dressed well in dr who.
        Yes,... who knows of the circumstances..... but even so.....

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
          his two companions were sarah jane smith and jo grant.
          Jo grant being before Sarah jane.
          What about Liz Shaw?
          His first companion, before Jo Grant OR Sarah Jane.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuttybott View Post
            What about Liz Shaw?
            His first companion, before Jo Grant OR Sarah Jane.

Cheers mate. I had forgotten about Liz.

Comment

JP will always be Worzel Gummidge to me. I can't actually remember him being anything else.
              1976 Vintage

Comment

Lol, anyone know why he slapped Liz? I did read when he was in the actual Navy he went out on shore leave with mates, got blind drunk and woke up with that tattoo on his forearm! He couldn't remember the night itself...classic.

He had his Whomobile commissioned especially and he gave it to a then recently bereaved fan of the show, then used to borrow it once in a while. Some other place has it now...

I liked him. Nice bloke, nice Dr Who-some of his outfits were a bit naff I thought though.

Comment

I was lucky to see him at a convention just a few weeks before he died.

He had Plenty of interesting stories when interviewed, not just about Doctor Who either.

I was intersed to find that it was an effort to get Worzel Gummidge launched, as it had been rejected by the BBC & most of the larger ITV companies before Southern agreed to make it.

I think I might have an interview from 1990's daytime TV on tape somewhere.
                  The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post

I was intersed to find that it was an effort to get Worzel Gummidge launched, as it had been rejected by the BBC & most of the larger ITV companies before Southern agreed to make it.
                    Makes you wonder how many potentially great shows slipped through the net, never to be made, watched and discussed on forums like this. I'm having a 'Sliding Doors' moment...
                    1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
                      Lol, anyone know why he slapped Liz? I did read when he was in the actual Navy he went out on shore leave with mates, got blind drunk and woke up with that tattoo on his forearm! He couldn't remember the night itself...classic.

He had his Whomobile commissioned especially and he gave it to a then recently bereaved fan of the show, then used to borrow it once in a while. Some other place has it now...

I liked him. Nice bloke, nice Dr Who-some of his outfits were a bit naff I thought though.
                      i loved that whomobile a real classy car.
                      i hope its being looked after now.

Comment

If you do a Google on Liz Sladen being slapped by Pertwee you find some info on facts from her autobiography...he slapped her because he was drunk, telling a dirty story as he did when drunk and she slapped him back straight away. She also mentioned Pertwee was a bit bossy on set, at one point he manhandled her by grabbing her by the neck when he wanted her in a certain place whilst filming....

Tom Baker didn't like Jon and vice versa, apparently Jon refused to be on set for the regeneration scene when Tom was in (handbags at dawn), silly really and surprising as he seemed a nice guy...Liz definitely got on well with Tom Baker much better, Jon once kept on making jibes about Tom during The Five Doctors so she had a go at him for it after finally snapping.

Comment

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
                          If you do a Google on Liz Sladen being slapped by Pertwee you find some info on facts from her autobiography...he slapped her because he was drunk, telling a dirty story as he did when drunk and she slapped him back straight away. She also mentioned Pertwee was a bit bossy on set, at one point he manhandled her by grabbing her by the neck when he wanted her in a certain place whilst filming....

Tom Baker didn't like Jon and vice versa, apparently Jon refused to be on set for the regeneration scene when Tom was in (handbags at dawn), silly really and surprising as he seemed a nice guy...Liz definitely got on well with Tom Baker much better, Jon once kept on making jibes about Tom during The Five Doctors so she had a go at him for it after finally snapping.
                          must say thats kind of sad.
                          but the fact he was drunk is why he slapped her.
                          i always felt he would have been bossy on the set of dr who.

Comment

I always think it is funny how people always imagine actors to be nice then get a shock when things like this come out. I love hearing behind the scenes gossip.
                            1976 Vintage

Comment

I loved Jon P and Tom B as the Doc. They had a totally different take on the role. Its such a shame to hear they didn't get on but goes to show that people are human and complex. Even though he sounded a bit controlling, I still think Jon was an amazing Doc and such an eccentric and animated actor. We may not always like the individual but you've got to respect the work.

Comment

Working...
                              X