Twixt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twixt

Anyone remember the brilliant strategy game called "Twixt" - used to play it with a mate in the sixth form in school - we HATED each other when we played it cos it was so competitive - bought a mint copy of it about 2 years ago off the net - it was made in the 60s but the pieces were still in sealed plastic bags - played it once with my partner at the time and he totally thrashed me so havnt played it since - I would be amazed if anyone else remembered but it is a top game

What were the rules/objective of it, C&QM ?
    Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

Re: Twixt

Twixt is still remembered, and has a growing following on the Net. I have been playing since 1967, whenever I could find an opponent. Wikipedia provides the rules, basic tactics, and further links: TwixT - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I wrote a large portion of that article. Message me if you have any question. Here is a brief description: Twixt is a 2-player abstract played on a square 24x24 grid of holes, minus the corner holes. Each player has a supply of pegs and links. The rows around the four edges are called border rows. For example, if the colors used are white versus black, then the left and right rows relative to the players (who sit opposite each other) are black, and the top and bottom rows are white. The board starts empty. Players take turns placing one peg at a time in any vacant hole except opposing border rows, and placing links between pegs which are a knight's move apart. Links never cross. The object is to connect your rows with a continuous chain of linked pegs of your color. This object is very similar to Hex, but the tactics are much sharper and faster. Yes it's very confrontational. The ONLY way to win is to block your opponent. There have been live Twixt tournaments in the UK, Germany, and Pennsylvania USA. Most recently there was an attempted tournament in Berlin for May 2009, but it fell apart due to poor communication. You can play in real time on iGoogle Game Center. igGameCenter :: Welcome to Game Center for iGoogle Or, you can play turn-based Twixt at Little Golem.

Comment

Working...
      X