Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Kelly's Eye' - Tiger, Jag, Lion, Thunder etc,etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Kelly's Eye' - Tiger, Jag, Lion, Thunder etc,etc.

There was a plethora of British comics in the early 70s. Eventually Tiger and Jag merged as did Lion and Thunder. I can't remember much about the individual comic strips except perhaps 'Kelly's Eye' which involved two jewels which had been stolen from the eyes of a South American statue in the jungle. Both had powers but one was good and belonged to our hero and he battled another guy who got hold of the evil eye. Whether this strip was from one of these comics I can't recall. Perhaps someone can advise?

Re: 'Kelly's Eye' - Tiger, Jag, Lion, Thunder etc,etc.

Originally posted by doctorbluebox View Post
    There was a plethora of British comics in the early 70s. Eventually Tiger and Jag merged as did Lion and Thunder. I can't remember much about the individual comic strips except perhaps 'Kelly's Eye' which involved two jewels which had been stolen from the eyes of a South American statue in the jungle. Both had powers but one was good and belonged to our hero and he battled another guy who got hold of the evil eye. Whether this strip was from one of these comics I can't recall. Perhaps someone can advise?
    I dont know much about comics, but kelly's eye featured in Valiant & Knockout in the 60's
    Heather

Comment

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/k/kellyeye.htm

Comment

Kelly's Eye was also reprinted in Vulcan in the 70's, and the Tim Kelly character later resurfaced in the strip 'Universal Soldier' in 2000AD before being given his own updated series. Unfortunately, 2000AD hadn't actually checked to see if they had the rights to use Kelly; they hadn't, as it turned out, so he was quickly dropped. They also published a 2000AD Action Special featuring updates of numerous other old IPC strips and characters like the Spider, and they didn't hold the rights to them, either...

Comment

Working...
        X