Burnin Key cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burnin Key cars

Cars with the key for speed! Burnin' Key Cars were Matchbox-type cars that had a hole in the back with a spring in it and came with a plastic key. You pushed the key in to the hole until it clicked, and then squeezed the key to release the car at high speed. Key Cars looked like your standard regular toy cars but each one was supplied with a unique plastic key with a plastic fob. You pushed the key into the back of the car until it clicked into place then you pushed a small release button on the side of the key which released a spring loaded action to send the car shooting forward! Too "posh to push" your toy cars ? Try a Key Car !

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Burnin' Key Cars

Attached Files

Comment

I had 2 cars, a red corvette and a Police car with "Magnum PI" on it, god knows why - I never saw a Polica car in Magnum!

Comment

Matchbox key Cars
        Attached Files

Comment

I had the Magnum Ferrari one, it was noticeably heftier than the Corgi version, and the detailing was better. They flew a fair distance at waist level!

Comment

I had the A-team one but lost the van and was only left with the red pusher unit thing and wondered if it was all a figment of my imagination

Comment

Me & by brother had between us a gold Datsun 350Z & a light blue Pontiac Firebird.

I don't know what happened to the cars, (I think one fell apart & I remember it had a long spring inside that the key compresed), but I still have the key to the Firebird.
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
              X