• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shoulder pads

it always conjuriors up the essence of the 1980s for me
    especially Joan Collins in Dynasty

Re: shoulder pads

My Mum had some tops from M&S with gigantic shoulder pads in the mid 80s.
    I think that even at the time she knew how ridiculous they were so she removed them.

Comment

You just had to have them.........thing was my shoulders weren't big enough in the first place to keep them on.............spent all my time in the early 80's re-adjusting haha

Comment

Never had them myself but do remember my mum having quite a few jackets with big foam shoulder pads in them. Cut out they looked like those bust boosting chicken fillets.

In my early teens I went through a phase of hating my shoulders and spent a couple of months stuffing socks in my tee shirts in an attempt to make shoulder pads. Silly girl!
        1976 Vintage

Comment

you know you can actually buy those god damn awful things in places like C&H fabrics

Comment

I remember my Mum had a few, some had velcro on them so the could be switched between tops.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by shilton dipper View Post
              you know you can actually buy those god damn awful things in places like C&H fabrics
              Oh god no. Mind you, the way fashion goes they are probably due for a come back.
              1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                Oh god no. Mind you, the way fashion goes they are probably due for a come back.

ohhhhh goodey

Comment

Working...
                X