• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karl Howman

Wonder what happened to him?

I loved Brush Strokes and Mulberry.

Re: Karl Howman

Last saw him a few years back in an episode of Casualty,before that he did a range of Flash adverts.
    Think he does a lot of voice over work these days.
    I think he'd be great in the series Benidorm, he'd fit right into that show
    Heather

Comment

I believe he's at number four on the 'remember him from the 80s' list they use for new actors on Eastenders.
      1,2, and 3 are: Paul Nicholas, Spike from Hi De Hi, and Paul Young.
      I collect game prices for retro consoles from eBay

Comment

He had a part in the Blake's 7 episode Shadow.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

i loved brush strokes ............he also did voice overs for the flash adverts a few years ago

Comment

He was in a few movies as well.
            Anyone seen Babylon, Expose or Party Party ?
            I happen to have all three on pre cert video.
            Oh yeah, he was in The Long Good Friday as well.
            Classic film that one.

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
              Last saw him a few years back in an episode of Casualty,before that he did a range of Flash adverts.
              Think he does a lot of voice over work these days.
              I think he'd be great in the series Benidorm, he'd fit right into that show
              That's actually a great show for him to be in. I'd struggle to see any [place where he'd fit into todays programming, but he'd probably do well in Benidorm.

Comment

He could be good in White Van Man as an old rival of Tony's.

Comment

Never mind what happened to Karl Howman from Brushstrokes.........what happened to Sandra the secretary, that's what I want to know

Comment

To misquote Fred Dinage: "How, Karl man"!
                    I collect game prices for retro consoles from eBay

Comment

Originally posted by themilkman View Post
                      Never mind what happened to Karl Howman from Brushstrokes.........what happened to Sandra the secretary, that's what I want to know
                      Here's a 2010 interview with the actress Jackie Lye. http://www.thisishullandeastriding.c...ail/story.html

Comment

He also starred in the episode Shadow the BBC series Blake's 7 and in the episode All About Scoring, Innit? in the acclaimed drama, Minder, playing Danny Varrow. He replaced Peter Davison in the BBC Radio 4 school-based comedy drama series King Street Junior when Davison left after the first two series. He appeared in the 1980 ITV series Fox, the last two series of the Judi Dench/Michael Williams comedy A Fine Romance and in Babes in the Wood.
                        karl also appeared in the only British video nasty film Exposé, the classic The Long Good Friday, British Comedy film Party Party as well as appearing in the Porridge feature film, the 1980 film Babylon and the 70's film Stardust alongside David Essex.
                        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                          Karl also appeared in the only British video nasty film Exposé
                          Actually, out of the official 39 prosecuted films, Xtro was also a British production.
                          If you include the other 33 non prosecuted films, you could also include The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue, which was filmed in England (With a Spanish & Italian crew).

Comment

Originally posted by DemonEyeX View Post
                            Actually, out of the official 39 prosecuted films, Xtro was also a British production.
                            If you include the other 33 non prosecuted films, you could also include The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue, which was filmed in England (With a Spanish & Italian crew).
                            Oh yeah, Straw Dogs too, it was banned around that period of time, but was never actually included on any 'Nasties' lists.

Sorry, gone way off topic here, back to Mr Howman methinks.

Comment

Working...
                            X