Inspiral Carpets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inspiral Carpets

They have reformed again !!! this time with the origional lead singer, saw them last night at Holmfirth they were brilliant, first time I've been to the Holmfirth Picturedrome it's a great small venue, good night life for a small town as well.

Re: Inspiral Carpets

going to see them in may when they are on tour with the happy mondays
    got to get me joe bloggs jeans baggy top and kickers out of the attic for that one

Comment

I know Graham Lambert (a bit). I used to play cricket with him and he lives just up the road. Even though I'm a bit of a metalhead I love the Carpets. Graham gave me a couple of really rare early EPs "Plane Crash" and "Trainsurfing". Both are white sleeve Promos (and signed). In fact I've seen some photos that might be of interest....

Comment

This is the time I saw them:

Click image for larger version

Name:	insp1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	260094

Here's their Personnel listing from their tour itinerary 1990 (Noel Gallagher listed as Drum Tech)

Click image for larger version

Name:	insp2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	260095

I've found photos of other cool stuff too plus if anyone needs info on this band let me know.

Comment

They supported James back in the early 80s and we missed them! Saw them since and they were excellent.

I preferred them before they were famous, though - Joe, Diercting Traffic and Commercial Rain were my faves then although Dragging Me Down was a return to form IMHO.
          Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Working...
          X