British Comic Characters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Comic Characters

To go with my other post of comic titles, how about great British comic characters.
    1. The Steel Claw
    2. Janus stark
    3. Nick Jolly-Highwayman
    4. Tough of the Track-Alf Tupper
    Again four to start us off

Howsabout :
    Roy of the Rovers
    Skid Solo
    Martin's Marvellous Mini
    Hookjaw
    Johnny Cougar
    Black Bob
    Billy the Cat
    Fireball

And as for the humourous ones...
    Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

Forgot martin and his MIni, Skid solo was kool, Fireball? not sure bout that one though.

Comment

how about the knumbskulls,billy whizz,beryl the perril,was,nt there a hardman or robot who was in the royal marines,think he was in the lion annual,anyone remember him ?

Comment

Captain Hurricane was in Valiant, or Typhoon Tracey was in Hurricane...?
          Judge Dredd
          Strontium Dog
          The Spider
          Little Plum
          The Nutts
          Rodger The Dodger

Comment

Puss'n'Boots
            the Sparky People
            Klanky
            Spunky ( I kid you not !) and the Spider
            Cheeky
            Mummy's Boy
            the Bumpkin Billionaires
            Brassneck
            Shiver'n'Shake
            Scream Inn
            Creepy Car
            Thingummy Blob
            Odd-Ball
            Fuss Pot
            Sammy Shrink
            Corporal Clott
            Jack Silver
            Chalky
            Faceache
            Some Mummies do'ave'Em
            Harry's Haunted House
            Peter Piper ( who's always welcome at my house - I'll just supply the adult mags )
            Ball Boy
            Ivor Lott & Tony Broke
            Bully Beef & Chips
            Mustapha Million
            Bewitched Belinda
            Little Mo
            Jelly Baby
            the Banana Bunch
            Mickey the Monkey
            Gus Gorilla
            Tricky Dicky
            Colonel Blink
            Joker
            Sweet-Tooth
            Fred the Flop
            Belle Tent

...and they say being good at pool is the sign of a misspent youth...

Comment

The Black sapper,
              Wilson
              Captain Hornet
              Codename Warlord
              Union Jack Jackson
              Mach 1

Comment

If ye ever find Encyclopedia of Comic Characters by the late Denis Gifford, buy it ! Published 1987 so what was missed subsequently wouldn't have been in our time anyway.

Comment

But thats the thing, the koolest comics were from/in the 60's, they had kool comics also, Smash, Knockout, TV21 etc, at least 2000AD's still going strong.

Comment

Hi guys!!!

Warlord - Captain Cadman of the Fighting 43rd, Sgt.Ryker,Wolverine,Karl Schafft,'Big Willi' Kastner, Kampfgruppe Falken with Heinz Falken..Jake Cassidy Of The Flying Tigers,Sniper Kelly,Killer Kane,Sgt.Bill Hammond and Force Viper,Kurt Stalmann and Iron Annie

Victor - Chell Puddock, Hammer Man, figaro,Braddock V.C.,Morgyn the Mighty,Sniper Dennison,Slade Of the Pony Express,Killer Kennedy R.N.Joe Bones the Human Fly,

Hope that Jogs a few memories...loved those comics...

Rab ;0)

Comment

Victor was kool, used to love the summer specials and the annuals, which I still have a large collection of, you had your moneys worth in those days comics aren't quite the same nowadays are they.
                      1. Hostspur -The Black Sapper, Red Star Robinson, Nick Jolly Highwayman, King Cobra
                      2. Hornet - Captain Hornet, Jonah
                      3. Lion - Robot Archie, Zip Nolan
                      4. Rover - Though not sure what character it had, but have an annual
                      5. Victor - Tough of the track, Alf Tupper, Morgan the mighty, Wilson
                      6. Tiger - Skid Solo, Johnny Cougar
                      7. Valiant - Captain Hurricane, Adam Eterno, Janus Stark, The Steel Claw, Spellbinder
                      8. Warlord - Union Jack Jackson
                      9. Scorcher - Billys Boots, Hot Shot Hamish
                      10. Jet - Fish Boy
                      11. Tornado - Wolfie Smith
                      12. 2000AD - Judge Dredd, Mach One, DR and Quinch
                      13. Starlord - Strontium Dog
                      14. Wizard -Again another I recall, but sure of characters or stories
                      15. Speed - Deathwish
                      Any more comics, and characters to match? How about someone remembering Rover or Wizard?
                      Last edited by Oggy; 23-11-2006, 11:00.

Comment

Great memories mate..you are right, comics just arent the same..

Ive just remembered the short lived 'Scream' comic about 1982..that was great and well scary...

And 'Action' Comic with Hookjaw? lol lol.. loved that...remember secret agent Fireball? and his survial manual and pendant...hee hee..and also when you got the wee medals and snap together planes with victor and Warlord? had almost forgotten them!!!

Rogue Trooper and Strontium Dog were my fav stories from 2000ad alongside Dredd

And was it 'Battle' comic that had 'johnny Red' flying his Hurricane for the Russians and 'Tommy Atkins War'? lol.. not very pc but I remember a form of Commando book called 'all War monthly'...lol (mustve been nothing but War, no football, no alf tupper, just War!!!)..

finally..in the commando books the Germans always said 'For you the War is over..Englander' ..now, does that mean for us Scots the War is NEVER over then and is infact still going on over 60 years later? scary though!!!

all the best...

Rab ;0)

Comment

ok guys..

what was a story called 'The Great Kat' in? a kid in all black cat suit? was it Hotspur?

Also..'General Jumbos Army'..a wee biy with an Army of Toy soldiers and aradio controlled box thing that he used to control them to do cool things!! I SO wanted to be him when I was wee but..my Airfix and Timpo soldiers never moved..awwww! ;0(..

Rab

Comment

Billy the cat? He was the kid in the black suit with what looked like a motor bike helmet on, and his sister (?) Katie, in the Dandy I think and reprinted later in Buddy. Jumbo was either Dandy or Beano again

Comment

Hi Oggy!!!

Thanks mate, you have a great memory..I only seem to remember music and nonsense from the 70's..80's..lol lol...

Take care..

Rab ;0)

Comment

Working...
                              X